How did you choose your pets name

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Saffy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

I have a dog called Sheila, she was a rescue dog and already 18 months old when we got her. her name was Sheba but because i didnt like it and didn't think it suited her i changed it to Sheila as it was close enough for her to still answer to and i think it suits her better:D..

MY daughter got a kitten a few weeks ago, she had went to get a black one , but sent me a pic of one that is almost white with a bit of tabby,,, i said thats a funny black cat :lol: she said well i saw him as soon as we went in the room and he just stole my heart, so i said well then you should call him Romeo:Dand thats his name:nod:

MY friend Lucylulu just got a little pup a couple of days ago and sent me a pic of her ,, i answered her text saying omg she is just so precious! hence she is now called Precious:lol::lol:

Attached Files:

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I have no idea how any of my pets got their names, really. I named them all myself I just don't remember the logic behind it. I'm guessing I called my first rabbit Minnie because she was a dwarf breed, but she wasn't even very small. My next pets, Chip (female grey rabbit) and Billie (female guinea pig) are just random names as well, dunno what I was thinking.

My current rabbit, Biscuit, is biscuit colour...I guess. :eyebrow:

So yeah, I'm not very creative with pet names nor do I have a good memory.

Romeo is adorable. So are the other two but that is a great photo!

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I usually go based off what my pets look like.

I had an all white cat with blue eyes, so we named him Casper.

My last cat I had was all black with a white patch on it's throat, we named him Phantom.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a yellow lab. His sire was named a roman name...Alexander the Great.

I decided to make it a theme, so went through a bunch of research on Roman name meanings. I finally settled on Maximus "Max" Lucius. It means great light.

5. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

That pic of Romeo is the day we picked him up ,, he is gorgeous:D.. oh sometimes we just pick a name for no reason ,, i have had animals wher i have done that,, i did name a koi carp in my pond Nino though as we had just come home from a cruise when we got another Koi and Nino had been our cabin boy on the cruise:lol:
    Also i once had two whippets,, i got them from different towns on the same day and they were both about 3 to 4 years old and one was called Eric and the other Derek :lol:mad but true:nod::D
    Biscuit is a cute name:)
    ------
    ah nice,, both sort of ghosty themed :lol:My daughters cats eyes are blue at the moment ,,, when she was going to get a black one at first she was going to name it Binx:)
    ------
    oh lovely,,, we once had a dog called Max he was an Alsation cross:nod: I like that ,,, great light:)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  6. Puck

Puck Registered Member

We got our current dog when I was 8, hence the simple, silly name; Rocket.
    He jumped really high and it seems to suit him.
    I had a bunny before my current one that I got from a friend who had named her Lola, I'm not sure why though.
    My current bunny is Chester. He was a rescue and the name the Humane Society gave him was Midnight because he's all black and I hated it. He went through a few names before I settled. For awhile I wanted him to be Finnigan so I could call him Fin or whatever. But Chester suits him.
    I had a budgie a few years back called Fiyero because he sang along to Wicked.

7. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

I like the name Rocket:Dand chester:nod:

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I named my grey cat Ash, and my goldi-sh colored cat Amber.

Because I like A names

9. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

and they fit your cats colours:Dcool:cool:

10. Lucylulu

Lucylulu Registered Member

My Maltese Bonny who is very very old ....I called her Bonny as I just love that name.
    Another old girl is my Bindi and I named her after Rolf Harris's daughter:lol:
    Then there my dear little Maltese Baby BooBoo named after his mother who was BooBoo....see alot of thought went into that.:D
    Next is my LasoApso Tammy....named after a cat I had years ago.
    Then theres her sister Honey who is that colour so I named her it.:-/
    Last but not least is my dear little Yorkie I got a couple of days ago and is called Precious and Saffy as she has already said named her.
    My geese are all called Charlie....no idea why as there girls:lol: