Movies How Dare you Katie Holmes!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure many of you know that Katie Holmes will not be reprising her role as Rachel Dawes in the upcoming Batman Dark Knight.

I agree with her not being in the movie, don't get me wrong, but who does she think she is to turn down such a huge roll?

I mean what's she going to do instead. Dawson's Creek, the Movie? I mean... lol.

The "new" Rachel is Maggie Gyllenhaal:

Maggie Gyllenhaal

I think she'll be much better in the roll than Katie Holmes was.

I'm not mad that Katie Holmes won't be in the new movie. I'm just annoyed that she has such a huge ego that she thinks she is somehow above being in quite possibly the best superhero movie of all time.

I'm not a huge Halle Berry fan but at least she did a good job playing Storm in the X-Men movies. There was talk of her backing out of that roll too but she stuck with it and the trilogy was pretty awesome for the most part.

But yeah. I'm glad Katie Holmes is done with Batman but I can't respect her (not only for this decision) if she turned down the opportunity to be in such an awesome movie, if for nothing more than the principle of it. It seems to me that an opportunity like this is one of the types that you take if it's offered to you.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I have to agree with you that it was stupid of her not accepting this role in one of the biggest blockbusters of the summers. But you got to remember she just gave birth to a little girl, maybe she wanted to give her full attention to her before she starts making new movies.

I don't know if you know why she didn't accept the role, if you do I'd like to know because I don't myself. So I'm just assuming thats the reason why she declined.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
No I don't know but still. It's a huge opportunity. Don't get me wrong I'm glad she is gone lol, but I really have to ask myself why NOT to consider her a fool for backing out of this movie...

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I'm sure many of you know that Katie Holmes will not be reprising her role as Rachel Dawes in the upcoming Batman Dark Knight.

I agree with her not being in the movie, don't get me wrong, but who does she think she is to turn down such a huge roll?

I mean what's she going to do instead. Dawson's Creek, the Movie? I mean... lol.

The "new" Rachel is Maggie Gyllenhaal:

Maggie Gyllenhaal

I think she'll be much better in the roll than Katie Holmes was.

I'm not mad that Katie Holmes won't be in the new movie. I'm just annoyed that she has such a huge ego that she thinks she is somehow above being in quite possibly the best superhero movie of all time.

I'm not a huge Halle Berry fan but at least she did a good job playing Storm in the X-Men movies. There was talk of her backing out of that roll too but she stuck with it and the trilogy was pretty awesome for the most part.

Halle Berry isn't exactly the best example to use. This is the woman who said in more than one interview that she was an Academy Award winning actress reduced to playing a comic book character. It wasn't until the Ka-ching! started coming in that Halle changed her tune. Almost overnight she went from total ignorance about comic books to being a life-long fan. She was a terrible Storm. She looked like a little girl playing dress up. Angela Bassett , Iman or even Vivica A. Fox would have have been much better choices.

And I absolutely loved Katie Holmes in BATMAN BEGINS but hey, she is an adult and I'm sure she had her reasons why she doesn't want to be in THE DARK KNIGHT. I don't think an actress with her beauty and talent will have a problem getting other film roles.

Rhodie_Anders

Registered Member
Keep in mind that Katie Holmes is going through a divorce and probably doesn't have time to do a lot of movies now. If you know that this was going on, I would say that that wasn't a very nice thing of you to say about her having a big ego.

Every report I read is that she wasn't offered the role in Dark Knight and that she was basically kicked out after her whole Tom Cruise debacle during the promotion of Begins. I haven't read anywhere that she willingly turned down the role.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
It's a shame that Katie turned this role down, she played a good role in previous movies, but I think the best actress to play her role would have been Halle Berry. But Maggie, I don't know about it, I recon she'll do good.