How can I work from home

MissMe

Registered Member
I am a mom and would love to be able to work from home so that I can be there with my daughter. I have looked around online and have not found any great resources out there. Anyone here work from home? Can someone give me some tips on how to get started or where to find a work at home job? Even if it's not full time, I would love to be able to work part time at home.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll start off by saying I don't have any suggestions for you so I am of no help but I do know there are companies out there....they are just tough to find.

We can work from home here but only under specific circumstances. Like if we're sick or its snowing or something like that. My boss is cool and sometimes let's us work from home if we have a mechanic or someone coming over to the house. It is pretty awesome and I wish I could work everyday from home.

Carmelita

Registered Member
I found some of the freelance ideas that I used on Rat Race Rebellion. It is a newsletter that I get daily. There are many different types of remote work found in that publication. Check it out and you might get some great ideas!

MissMe

Registered Member
I found some of the freelance ideas that I used on Rat Race Rebellion. It is a newsletter that I get daily. There are many different types of remote work found in that publication. Check it out and you might get some great ideas!
Thank you. I have never heard of Rat Race Rebellion before. I will definitely check that one out! So do you work from home Carmelita? Or do you just do things on the side at home and have a 9 to 5 job?

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
my sister has been grooming dogs off and on at home and at a vets office. now my sister grooms dogs at home all by herself.
she loves her business because she gets 100% of the profits, she has the same clientel, can talk with them while grooming and to be with any of her 4 kids when she needs to be. it's still not the highest paying job but she can make up her own and and even reschedule appts if she needs to. she especially want to be with her family because that's the most important to her.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
My dad also works from home ever since he lost his job with the engineering firm he was working for a couple of years ago. He's actually making more money working freelance at home that he was previously doing.

I'm also working from home as a freelance translator and just making my own schedule and set up my appointments as I wish is a blessing.