How can I tell what type of RAM I have?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nosferatu_Alucard, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

topic.

I don't know what kind it is. I know the amount, but not the type. I wanted to know because I need to upgrade it so I can play BIOSHOCK!

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Go to My computer Icon ,right click ,properties and it Might have the Info your looking for o_O?

If not, thats all I could find o____o;;

3. Uh, type? I always thought you just went into Control Panel, clicked on Performance and Maintenence, and then System.

But then again, that just tells you how many gigs you have.

Type of RAM, huh?

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Typically your best bet is to either go to your manufacturer's website, or physically check. (As in pull the ram stick out and see) Those are the only two ways I can think of right now.

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

You could try using SiSoftware Sandra. In the Computer Overview scan, it tells you how much memory you have along with what type. For example, mine says 639MB DDR-SDRAM. You can get it here.

6. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Try bestbuy.com and click on "memory advisor" or whatever it is called and you type in the make & model of your computer and it will list your memory and all the upgrades available for your computer

7. lanka7890

lanka7890 New Member

Open you CPU case and check the slot color, ( if it is ddr its blue and ddr2 yellow) search in Google man i don't remember exact colors.:D