How Can I Improve My Credit Score?

NellyBell

Registered Member
My credit score isn't super low, but it's not where I'd like it to be either. What are the best ways to up your credit score? I pay my bills on time and have one credit card which I pay off at the end of the month. My bank's branch manager told me that was the best way to pay off credit cards to up your score. Anyone know if that's really the case?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I think it's a combination of how much you earn, how much you owe, and how long you've been faithfully paying your bills. Getting another credit card and paying it off each month might help boost your score, but it might not be worth it. Even the most responsible person can fall heavily into debt when something bad happens. If you aren't applying for a mortgage or loan soon, I wouldn't worry about it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Paying on time, and keeping your credit card balances at around 30% is a good rule of thumb. If you are close to maxing out your cards, your credit score will be affected. Pay them off as much as you can, and make timely payments, is the best way to increase your score.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Thanks for the advice! Both of those sound very reasonable and sound to me, and even better, easy to do. @MiketheGrinder, thankfully there aren't any foreseeable mortgages or loans in the near future.