• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How Can I Avoid Dry Skin?

NellyBell

Registered Member
The unfriendly winter months are coming and my skin always, always, always dries out like crazy no matter what kind of moisturizer I use. I know drinking water is key, but what else can I do besides that? My face, knees, elbows, and feet seem to get the worst of it.

Sophia

Registered Member
I totally agree NellyBell. It seems the older I get, the dryer I get. There are several kinds of good lotions out there that will help for a while but I haven't found the one that will stay with me yet. I hope you get some good suggestions here.

Interis

Registered Member
For the skin face, moisturizer is very important. You should apply one regularly if your skin is very dry. I've had a friend recommended me a face mist. It's a hydrating liquid inside a spray bottle, so it's handy to carry as you go and you can spray relatively often if the skin is very dry.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Right? I used to never really worry about dry skin, at least on my face, because I have oily skin. Interis, I might have to check out that moisturizer. I probably need to switch up my game during the winter since, like I said before, I'm usually plagued by oily skin most of the year.

For the rest of my body, has anyone every had luck with body oils?

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
One of the most important ways to avoid dry skin is to stay adequately hydrated. The next thing you want to do is to moisturize often, especially after bathing or washing your hands. Looking up the right oils and butters for your skin is important as some offer better protection than others. I am a fan of jojoba oil and rosehip oil, personally, but you might need a greater level of protection than I do.

Keri35

Registered Member
I use Cera Ve moisturizer. They have one for your face and one for your body. I have an oily chin, so I don't use it there. My forehead is extremely dry. Water is key too.