How 'bout the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by micfranklin, Jan 13, 2008.

1. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

With the Super Bowl coming up in a few weeks I thought we should talk about it. I must say I'm surprised that the Colts lost to the Chargers today, I mean I expected them to beat them by at least a touchdown.

As for the NFC I prefer for the Giants to win, as they came closer to beating the Pats (should it happen) than the Cowboys did.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm going with Patriots and Packers in the Super Bowl. I'm not that impressed with the Giants being able to beat the Packers at home. I don't think the Patriots will have too much trouble with the Chargers, especially if LT is down.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Pats over Chargers easily

Pack over Giants, but not as easily

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The only team left that I don't hate is San Diego, but I don't think they have much of a chance against the Pats. I assume the other game is at Lambeau? That gives the Packers a huge advantage. I'm not impressed by the Giants at all and I don't think I'll watch the Super Bowl if they're in it.

5. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

With Rivers and LT possibly not in the game next week I am sure the Pats will roll them up easily, I don't think Elli can hold up under the pressure of a NFC Championship game not yet anyways so the Packers should be moving on. Which to me sets up a great Super Bowl, right now the Packers are playing probably the best football of any right now, and what better way for Favre to go out winning one more Super Bowl and doing it against the Pats ruining there perfect season, because if they can't finish, that 16-0 record is the big ketchup stain on a new white shirt for them.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Packers will own the Giants and I'm hoping for Favre to crush the perfect Pats season, because the Pats haven't played Green Bay all season.

And did anyone see T.O.'s interview after the game?:)

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

What did he say now?

And Favre is playing next year, too, he's already said that he wants to play.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

It wasn't anything he said I think he just cried.
    ------
    Championship games today: my thoughts are the Packers over Giants and Patriots over Chargers, at least by 4.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm hoping that the Chargers will beat the Pats, and I'm hoping that the Packers will beat the Giants. I think Chargers vs Packers will be a good Super Bowl.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Tsk tsk, Chargers couldn't do it and LT was out most of the game.

Now the Packers are leading by 4 points.
    ------
    Well I'll be damned....

The Giants are going to the superbowl:-o

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008