How are you watching the World Cup?

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by ysabel, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

So we already know that CGSA and RTWManiac will watch the actual games in South Africa...(I'm jealous!)...what about the rest of us?

Are you going to watch it from the privacy or your home telly (are the games shown on your network)?

Are you going out and watch it with other people? Do you organise WC parties?

Are you going to watch from streamed sources (online)?

Others?

-----

For the first games, I plan to watch the weekend games out with friends. The French one is on Friday so I'll just be catching it from home (our local TV channel is of course showing it). But this weekend, me and my friends organised a little get together at a pub so we can watch the ENG-USA game. What's awesome about this WC is that the time difference isn't big and we don't have to watch during odd hours (like when it was in Korea).

2. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

A combination of telly & streams I think. I moved my own telly downstairs when I got my PS3, and well, streams will allow me to do other stuff on the internet/cpu at the same time.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

We've. . .wait. . .my husband has a 67 in. TV hanging on the wall like a prized posession so needless to say we're hosting a WC party; I'm just hosting it like a good wife. ;) And we've been invited to a WC party but other than that, we're just playing it all by ear.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Mostly be watching at home or at bars when I can. I have a 50 inch big screen HD tv at home so it a great way to watch sporting events like the World Cup. I still don't know how much coverage we'll get in this area, but usually they show 90% of the games, so I'm not to worried.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Probably will be going to the pub in the morning and watch it, if not the Federation Square when Australia plays, any other games, it'll be on the TV.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I swear, big screen TVs sell like hot cakes just before the World Cup. It's one of the reasons we've got extra tellies at home. It's like a WC investment. I just couldn't host parties because well, the kids aren't ready for the party. :lol:

One of the things I like about going to the pub, we have lots of tourists here so unless the game is France (erm, actually even if it is), you see supporters for different teams and it's fun for the ambiance too. At least at the end of the game, it's guaranteed that there are still people who are happy.

7. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

It's like sitting in a movie theater everytime we watch TV.:shifteyes: I hate it. It's obnoxious.:lol: He bought it one random Saturday afternoon a few years back; it still takes me by surprize every time I walk into the livingroom- it's like it's about to suck you into the screen and swallow you whole or something.

This will be our first WC party but it's the usual crowd so it should go smoothly......fingers crossed, lol.

Is it your local Pub that you go to to watch the WC, ysable?
    ...Do you have a problem with fights breaking out between the French and the tourists if their team loses?

CaptainObvious likes this.
  8. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

So am I excluded from this thread then?? :(

So far the only confirmed tickets I have is for the opening match this Friday. I am registered on FIFA's ticket site though and will keep checking for any games in my area that open for sale.

Other than that I will do as many matches at the fan parks in my area. And for the ones in between I will also be rocking the pubs!!!

Don't be hatin'!! :D

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

How will I be watching it? With my eyes closed and my ears plugged. I can't wait for it to be over. Let the negs commence!
    My boyfriend will no doubt watch the majority of it at home so I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'll be watching every game in the comfort of my own home in front of the TV. None of my friends are into soccer at all, so I'll probably watch them all by myself, or with my dad if he's around. I'm gonna miss most of the knockout rounds during my Colorado trip. Oh well.