• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

how anal retentive are you?

yooperchick

Registered Member
Ok - back to the topic question....

I am not nearly as anal retentive as I want to be. Would I like to be able to save boxes for things for when I decide to sell them? Yes. Would I like to have a neat house? You bet. Would I like to have order in my life? It would be fantastic.

It just doesn't happen with a kid in the house. It was hard to adapt to at first, but now it's not so bad.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
I am not nearly as anal retentive as I want to be. Would I like to be able to save boxes for things for when I decide to sell them? Yes. Would I like to have a neat house? You bet. Would I like to have order in my life? It would be fantastic.
Sometimes space can be a good thing. Unless you definately know you're going to sell something, then it doesn't really make sense to keep things around just on the offchance. I used to do that but I always ended up discarding, recycling, or somehow doing away with at least 75% of the stuff I kept around. This is true just as much back in the day when I used to keep all my video game boxes as it was when I went to college and accumulated stuff in my desk, and even now as I have a bunch of papers I've kept since coming to graduate school, which I know I have to go through and probably will end up not in any way needing at least 75% of them.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I have a HUGE stack in my front porch of just boxes. I know I am gonna have to get rid of some of them, but I should at least keep boxes to big ticket things (like computers and monitors).

Ok. Here's a question related to topic....

Is one BORN anal retentive, or are the traits LEARNED?

I am gonna go with BORN on this one. Both of my parents aren't anal retentive. My dad is the farthest thing from it and my mom likes to be neat, but not to anal degree. My brothers are all slobs, so why I am like this, I don't know. Maybe I was adopted, as I have always suspected.