How about that gun ban Chicago?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Why are guns solely to blame though, Tucker? It still takes someone to pull the trigger and if you ask me, our country's problem with guns starts with our lack of education on the matter and our overall image of gun ownership and what owning and using a gun really means. I don't agree with Pro's stance that more guns equals less crime because it's true and false at the same time because it works in some places and not in others.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Why are guns solely to blame though, Tucker?
Have I say that they were? No, I haven't. I just don't like to see statistics abused and misinterpreted, whether deliberately or not, by the proponents of any ideological slant.

It still takes someone to pull the trigger and if you ask me, our country's problem with guns starts with our lack of education on the matter and our overall image of gun ownership and what owning and using a gun really means.
What you're saying, then, is that Britons have a better system of gun education than our own government and NRA do and that their people are more rational and clear-headed about the proper use of weaponry than Americans are - and THAT accounts for the huge disparity in the numbers. Sorry, that's unrealistic, to put it politely.

I don't agree with Pro's stance that more guns equals less crime because it's true and false at the same time because it works in some places and not in others.
Didn't I see you arguing ad nauseum in a recent thread about small sets of data being misleading? If you understand how to read stats, if you understand human nature, and if you look with an unbiased eye at the national figures I posted links to, the conclusion is inescapable: some implements are obviously more deadly and dangerous than others and handguns are at the top of the list. That's not what I want to see, it's just fact.

Last edited: