• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 How about counter strike for 360?

bpfahl

I really liked the 1st counter strike that was made for the origanal xbox.
I was wondering if they were going to bring it to the 360. If not, then they should.
Anyone agree?:)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Nope, Counterstrike was a pretty crappy game and it would just take up development time that the company could put into good games.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
Counter-Strike was a great game. Especially Counter-Strike: Source

ev0lution

I'm indifferent to pointless games such as CS:S, there would be little point making such a game for the Xbox360, it's not as diverse as COD4 has no way of making a story in CS.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Yet they released TF2 to the 360...

R1pperZ

Registered Member
CSS would be nice to play on the 360, yet the only people who would play it would be people who don't have it for PC.

They would have to make a system for custom game settings and maps and wouldn't be popular unless you could play with the already existing community.

Overall it is a PC game and would struggle as a console game.
------
Yet they released TF2 to the 360...
And TF was a great addition to the orange box and is perfect for the 360

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Speaking of which, how did CS on the Xbox fare? Considering I only had it for PC, I had no need for it on the Xbox.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Hardly anyone bought CS for xbox...

I would rather see a CS2 no point in putting Source on the 360...

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nope, Counterstrike was a pretty crappy game and it would just take up development time that the company could put into good games.
I assume you are talking about the XBOX version of CS. If so I agree. It was horrible.

As for the PC game, it's THE most popular online FPS on the PC. I think that speaks for itself. It's definitely an incredible game. It's one of my favorite PC shooters to date.

I don't think it's necessary on the 360. Plus if it doesn't come out for the 360 then PC gamers have something to hold over XBOX LIVE players heads. :D

Not even mentioning the fact that PC ports rarely work well on consoles due to the control configuration conflicts that almost always come up.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yeah its one of the most popular online FPS but it seems FPS on the PC have been fizzling out a little lately.