• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How a British Islamist Suggests Infidels should dress

dDave

V.I.P.
I think that you should be free to practice whatever religion you want, you should not be free from exposure to religion (or culture) that you disagree with. If you disagree with something then you can take certain steps to make sure that you aren't personally exposed and thus offended.

I see a sort of Islamic "takeover" if there ever was such a thing in Western culture. I know it sounds bad to call it that but just look at what's happening. Muslims are reproducing at massive rates and everyone really isn't for the most part. Our culture is one thing, there's also the violence though. Sure, only a very small percentage of them are violent but really that's all it takes isn't it?

Oh, and that Islamic preacher is a wacko.

Sim

Registered Member
I think that you should be free to practice whatever religion you want, you should not be free from exposure to religion (or culture) that you disagree with. If you disagree with something then you can take certain steps to make sure that you aren't personally exposed and thus offended.

I see a sort of Islamic "takeover" if there ever was such a thing in Western culture. I know it sounds bad to call it that but just look at what's happening. Muslims are reproducing at massive rates and everyone really isn't for the most part. Our culture is one thing, there's also the violence though. Sure, only a very small percentage of them are violent but really that's all it takes isn't it?

Oh, and that Islamic preacher is a wacko.
I can't speak for other countries, but IMO, the talk of a "Muslim takeover" is nothing but hysteric paranoia and hatemongering, in case of Germany.

We only have 4 million people who identify as "Muslims" here on a population of 80 million. Even if they breed like rabbits, they wouldn't get anywhere close a majority or even significant minority within the next century.

Also, it's true there are crime problems especially among immigrants from Muslim countries, but an estimated 95% of them are due to social and cultural factors and not religion -- Muslims who actually take their religion seriously don't engage in such behavior.

The true problem is that these people were invited into the country as cheap labor, thus are low-skilled and much poorer than the average, and just like this causes crime problems and social problems -- with all groups that are low-skilled and poor, not just immigrants or Muslims --, that happens in case of these immigrants too. Another problem is that no efforts were taken to properly integrate them. Because of that, many second and third generation immigrants are trapped between the cultures: Not really Turkish and not accepted by Turks in Turkey, but not really German and not really accepted by native Germans either. Of course this causes alienation and typical youth troubles.

All cases that actually do have something to do with religion are minor and isolated. Out of the 4 million Muslims in Germany, the Verfassungsschutz (German NSA) estimates the number of islamists open for violence to 40,000.

In contrast: There are ca. 800,000 neo-Nazi sympathizers among natives in Germany (about as many voted for the neo-Nazi party NPD).

And just like the Verfassungsschutz observes and infiltrates neo-Nazi or leftist-extremist groups, the islamists are under surveillance too.

As for this alleged fining of girls for wearing bikinis in Italy: I'm 100% sure the article is fake, or at very least grossly misrepresenting the facts. Because I am 100% sure that no court in an EU country would ever fine women for wearing a bikini in places where that's common.

My guess is that either that beach was a no-bikini zone of some sorts and anybody would be fined if accused, no matter is Muslims are around. Or that they weren't fined for just wearing a bikini, but for somehow attacking or insulting the Muslims in question (something that would be fined regardless if you wear a bikini or not).
------
As I thought -- look at the comments below that article:

I just read by translation on Google two Italian online papers that are saying this story is a hoax from a hoax site that is similar to the Onion. Giornale Del Corriere, alias Corriere del Mattino: il bufalaio del web and Bufala del mese: "Vietato bikini in spiaggia in presenza di musulmani" Use Google and the translate option is automatic, they even explain what the laws are that are mention and neither have anything to do with what this site is claiming, I also noticed that FrontPage Mag took the story down off their site, so I wonder if they came to the same conclusion.
So -- blatant lies from far-right American anti-Muslim hatemongers.

Why do people take so many efforts these days, and go through such length, just to spread hatred and fear -- especially against Muslims?

It's not that no problems exist, but they're usually grossly blown out of proportion. The simple reason is: Racism and xenophobia. People simply love to hate people who are somehow "brown" and "alien". Everything that's different is hated.

The authors of that page should really be ashamed.

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Did you guys actually watch the full video?

I feel like this guy's words are being taken out of context. I don't completely understand what his point is, quite possibly because there could have been a significant portion of his speech edited out (noting the fade out and fade in at the beginning), but it seems pretty tongue-in-cheek. People are laughing in the background, not shouting "Allahu Akbar" or "Death to the infidels." And if the talk about converting people is the issue here then, well, that's really not any more sinister than a typical Christian sermon.

I'm not saying people should be converting one way or another, but more than I despise propaganda, I despise propaganda that lies.

Reactions: Sim

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
As I thought -- look at the comments below that article:

So -- blatant lies from far-right American anti-Muslim hatemongers.

Why do people take so many efforts these days, and go through such length, just to spread hatred and fear -- especially against Muslims?

It's not that no problems exist, but they're usually grossly blown out of proportion. The simple reason is: Racism and xenophobia. People simply love to hate people who are somehow "brown" and "alien". Everything that's different is hated.

The authors of that page should really be ashamed.
So the story is a hoax, thanks for finding that.

However those hoax sites pick on anyone or anything and it doesn't matter what color they are.

I agree sometimes people like to hate people that are different. That would also include people being hated because they are white, Jewish, Christian, take your pick, there is plenty to go around from all different races and religions.

Reactions: Sim

Sim

Registered Member
So the story is a hoax, thanks for finding that.

However those hoax sites pick on anyone or anything and it doesn't matter what color they are.

I agree sometimes people like to hate people that are different. That would also include people being hated because they are white, Jewish, Christian, take your pick, there is plenty to go around from all different races and religions.
True, but it does make a huge difference whether this hatred comes from a huge majority versus a tiny minority, or vice versa.

When you are alone and sourrounded by 20 people who hate you, it's totally different than if you're one of 20 people and there is one guy around who hates you. In the latter case, you can easily ridicule that hater and not take him seriously. In the former case, chances are you will by lynched sooner or later.

Last edited: