• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How a British Islamist Suggests Infidels should dress

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A British Muslim preacher has suggested forcing Christians to wear conspicuous and unusual clothing and hair styles as a means to humiliate them and thus pressure them to convert to Islam.

The Wild Way a British Islamist Suggests Forcing ‘Infidels’ to Dress in Order to Get Them to Convert | Video | TheBlaze.com
I don't know what this man is thinking. I would never dress this way and he's not going to force me too. I don't see the British people doing it either.

I have to wonder if most Muslims in the UK think this way or if its just a few like him. If most do feel like this it makes me wonder if they do intend to try to change the UK to a Muslim country. If a Muslim country is what they want why did they ever migrate to the UK? That's what I don't understand.

Reactions: Sim

Sim

Registered Member
That preacher is really fucked up in the head.

But assuming British Muslims are at least somewhat like Muslims in Germany, he's not representative for them. There was a poll among Muslims in Germany that asked whether they think their religion is compatible with Western values and our constitution, and 79% said "yes", only 21% said "no". Such hate preachers obviously belong to the latter group.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree, the problem is these preachers get so much attention. One is because some of their rhetoric seems very ugly and hateful, and secondly, as sun has pointed out, the media does make big stories out of some of the things they say, giving off the impression they are representative of all Muslims. That poll result you cite, Sim, seems about right. I would think about 75-80% of them would feel that way.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its the radicals that you always hear about you never hear about the ones that are against crap like this. Any rational person would know that if you let something like this get started it would end up hurting everyone.

There are people in all religions that have radical views. They would be equally as radical without religion as a crutch. Thankfully the law doesn't back them up.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can we just put idiots like this in prison for saying ridiculous things?

Its morons like this that give Muslims a bad name. People judge Muslims and comments like this only make it worse.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess this man is the Islamic version of Westboro. Look at some of the crap they do and I know all Christians don't support their actions.

Sim

Registered Member
I guess this man is the Islamic version of Westboro. Look at some of the crap they do and I know all Christians don't support their actions.
I'm afraid such Westboro-like stuff is more common among Muslim preachers than among Christians, although I don't think a majority of Muslims thinks that way. But perhaps a larger share than Christians who share Westboro's views.

Most major Muslim law schools are indeed hard to reconcile with Western values. That's because unlike the Bible, which Christian believers think is "inspired" by God, Muslims believe Quran is literally the word of God, word for word. Because of that, there is much less leeway in Islam to find non-fundamentalist opinions than in case of Christianity.

Also, the Muslim world has never seen something like the "Age of Enlightenment" we had in the West, when (fundamentalist) Christian dogma was severely challenged and qualified by rational ideas.

That doesn't mean there aren't modern or very moderate Muslim law schools -- there are (such as the Ankara school or the smaller subsection of Ahmadi Muslims). And certainly, not all Muslims are necessarily very religious, especially when living as immigrants in the West, so many of them don't eat as hot as their preachers are cooking it. But still, these more moderate interpretations are less common than in case of Christianity.

So yeah, it is a problem. Still no reason to blame Muslims in general.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
While radicals like this are mostly ignored by the general Muslim community, there does seem to be a divide being created; there are Muslim only schools in some counties (who knows what they're being taught in there), some want Britain under Sharia Law, they convert prisoners.

The loudest speakers aren't scary, it's the quiet ones.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.