Houston working out with eye on returning to NBA

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Fresh, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Right now there's four people that were thinking to come back into the league, and one of them was Penny, and he signed with the Heat, now the three other players are Allen Houston, Reggie Miller and Charles Oakley, the only player between those three players that will not be able to contribute to a team is Oakley. In other words I believe that Houston can help the Knicks if he does come back, and he can be a player that comes off the bench and gives you instant scoring. Also if the Knicks make the playoffs he can be a player that hits a big shot, and he has experience.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

4. Babe_Ruth

It's hard to say if he can come back or not. It's hard to come back and play at a high level after being forced to retire due to a knee injury. Personnaly i'd love to see Allan Houston back in the NBA. He's a class act and was forced to retire way too young. Hopefully for him he'll comeback pain free, and he'll be able to contribute the way he knows how. Shooting treys.

5. Babe_Ruth

ESPN -
    With his arthritic left knee feeling pain free for the first time in years, Allan Houston is now "90 to 95 percent" sure he will return to the NBA this season, his agent, Bill Strickland told 1050 ESPN Radio in New York.

Strickland said Houston will hold a private workout with "several" NBA clubs next Tuesday before finalizing his plans.

"He is going to make a pretty quick decision," Strickland said.

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks are two teams that are reportedly interested. There has been speculation that Boston, Phoenix, Miami, New Jersey and San Antonio could be landing spots. Strickland declined to reveal which teams will be at the workout.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._knick_houston_takes_step_closer_to_comeback/

6. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I would like to see him go to Miami, but I think the best fit for him while also being a title contender would be going to Clevand were he could just hit the open shots that LeBron sets up kinda like what Gibson did in the playoffs.

7. Babe_Ruth

I would love to see Houston back in the NBA, I always liked him, and I believe he still has his shooting touch. It's good to see him at almost 100% healthy. I believe he would help any team that he joins, he would be a great player that comes off the bench and gives you instant scoring.

8. Babe_Ruth

New York Daily News -
    According to a league source, the Heat and the Cavaliers have shown the most interest in Allan Houston.

Houston is close to Miami center Shaquille O'Neal. The two have a relationship that dates back to when they were both high school seniors and took official visits to Louisville at the same time.

Houston last played in the NBA during the 2004-05 season, when he averaged 11.9 points in just 20 games for the Knicks. In 12 seasons - nine with the Knicks and three with the Pistons - Houston averaged 17.3 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists while hitting 40% of his three-point attempts.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../heat_and_cavs_show_most_interest_in_houston/

9. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

He couldn't play then, what the hell makes him think he can play now (Houston)

BTW-Oak Tree coming back is a complete joke...

10. Babe_Ruth

Houston was a great player for a number of years with the Knicks, and he was a former all star, I don't think he can come back and be the same type of player, but I believe he can be a player that comes off the bench and gives you instant scoring, and he has a lot of experience so he can help the young players.