• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Houston Flooding

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
ABC News said:
Roadways in the Houston area are blocked, drivers are stranded and homes were destroyed due to flash flooding, officials said.
Houston Flooding: Drivers Stranded, Homes Damaged

This is really epic. On the news this morning they said two are dead. They showed pictures of interstate highways that looked like rivers. On one highway the water was so deep it almost came up to the overpass and the clearance was over 13 feet. There were cars abandoned that were almost completely covered by water.

I wish those in the middle of this well and hope there are no more deaths or rain.

For pictures.

Flash Floods Force Thousands in Texas to Flee

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Its so totally creepy. And its not just in Texas. We had storms and rains that looked like monsoons for more than 2 weeks and the last storm was last night. The wind was so loud it was roaring! Its only half clouds now but theres more storms in the forecast.

A huge tree fell across the road and the city work crew said the ground was just too wet to support it. And the back yard is a wading pool and my foot got stuck in mud and it wouldnt stop sinking. Scary.
Anyway 2 of our neighbors are using pumps to get deep water out of their basements but they finally opened up Lindsey street again. There were cars on the street (river?) that were half submerged. Our street looked like a river too more than one time but at least it didnt get too deep to drive.
Heres some photos.
http://www.koco.com/news/photos-flooding-in-oklahoma-city-metro/33190292

I mean we always get a few storms but never like this. Also a lot of streets are breaking up because they have been too wet so we will have a lot of new potholes.

EDIT:
No way! We got storm clouds and thunder again already and its starting to rain. Some of those are bubble clouds so there could be tornadoes too. This so totally bites!

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Be careful Dr4gon, you stay safe, that also includes everyone in the path of these storms.

We have been getting a lot of rain here this spring, and the last few days, but nothing like this, hope we don't. As much as its already rained here 6 inches would cause widespread flooding here.

Thanks for posting the link to the pictures.

What's really sad is some states are being flooded out while some are drying up.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There has been more deaths than I thought from this, poor people. Two families in Oklahoma were in a house that broke off then went floating down the river. A woman in the house was talking to her sister on her cell as this happened. They haven't been heard from since.

A poor woman in northern Mexico had her baby ripped from her arms by a tornado.

More bad weather is expected.

Houston submerged as wild weather kills 20 in US and Mexico

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Be careful Dr4gon, you stay safe, that also includes everyone in the path of these storms.

We have been getting a lot of rain here this spring, and the last few days, but nothing like this, hope we don't. As much as its already rained here 6 inches would cause widespread flooding here.

Thanks for posting the link to the pictures.

What's really sad is some states are being flooded out while some are drying up.
Thanks. :) The storm moved east and didnt hit us but theres more storms in the forecast for today and tomorrow. But I know what to do if anything happens. Our other neighbor only has maybe a foot of water in his basement now and that will probaly be gone too really soon and the streets are almost dry again. :D

I didnt hear about that house floating away but if theres 2 more people that died then thats 8 people that died from all the flooding here. Whats really weird is we dont usually get that many casualties even after a serious tornado.
Anyway I really hope the storms miss you. Having to stay inside all the time is making me seriously claustrophobic. o_O

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This morning on the news they said the house was in Texas. The article I posted gave me the idea that it was in Oklahoma. The father survived but the mom and two kids are still missing.

Its starting to rain out now but it shouldn't be serious.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
We had tornados hit Corpus Christi and Del Rio in the last few days, both of those places are fairly close to me. I have family in Houston and Dallas and they tell me the flooding has been horrible. My cousin in Austin heard the tornado siren go off, the first time in years. Things have been crazy here.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A couple of years ago we were getting tornadoes and large hail every other week which is very unusual for us. Never seen it hail so much, and some of the stones were golf ball size, or have so many tornadoes. The weather is so messed up anymore.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
zOOmg! We had another epic thunderstorm this morning with monsoon rains. It came down so heavy it sounded like a hailstorm on the roof! And now the street is almost totally flooded again and the thunder keeps crashing and never stops.
Houston has 4 more days of storms in their forecast and we have 3 more. Cant wait till everything gets dry again.