• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

House votes to hold Holder in contempt

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
House votes to hold Attorney General Holder in contempt of Congress | Fox News

17 Democrats joined the Republican led House to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in Contempt of Congress for failing to provide information pertaining to Operation Fast and Furious. I'm not surprised, it's pretty clear he has refused to comply with Congress, in doing what they are Constitutionally obligated to do.

This made me laugh:

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi argued House Republicans were more politically motivated in attacking Holder than getting to the bottom of the failed operation, in which at least two of the guns were connected to the fatal shooting of U.S. border agent Brian Terry.
“What is happening here is shameful," said Pelosi, D-Calif.

I know you are an idiot, Ms. Pelosi, but as a Senator you DO understand Congress has subpeona power AND Holder refused to comply with it, AND if he complied with it, maybe we CAN actually get to the bottom of the failed operation, don't you?...it's not that hard, m'am.

Thoughts?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm proud of those 17 Democrats. Regardless if they did it for political reasons or not, they've got hell to pay from their party for standing up to Holder.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm proud of those 17 Democrats. Regardless if they did it for political reasons or not, they've got hell to pay from their party for standing up to Holder.
Oh no doubt, this administration has proven it does not react kindly to those that oppose it. I'm glad this is happening, we need to get to the bottom of what happened, who knew what and who ordered what. This is a program that costs the lives of many Mexicans and some US officials. It's disgusting how flippant some have been about this mess.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This was a mess and Holden should be held accountable. If he was determined to do this he should of done what Bush did when he had a operation like this going on and inform the Mexican government so those guns could be tracked and arrests made. I can understand the need for secret operations but I think the government both democrat's and republican's take too many liberties at times.