• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV House Season 8 discussions

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright, since we didn't get a lot of discussion last season about this show(which kind of didn't make any sense since I know there's a couple of followers) I decided to create one thread for the new season. We can use this thread to discuss about the new episodes. After the first episode I'll edit the thread and include Spoilers in there.

Anyone looking forward to the new season? Did you enjoy last season?

Personally, I'm excited for the new season. I wasn't a huge fan of last season since they concentrated to much on Cuddy and House and not enough patients. I really hope that's not the case this year, but I wouldn't be surprised especially the way the last episode ended.

Alright, now let's hope we get a bit more discussion this time around.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
There will be a lot less Huddy this season; I heard ages ago the the actress who plays Cuddy didn't renew her contract for this season - I also heard that this could be the last season ever.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like you're right, Pugz.

House Shocker: Lisa Edelstein Calls It Quits - TVLine - TVLine

Personally, I believe this is great news. I've never been a fan of hers and this means that they'll probably have to go a different direction from last season. Hopefully this means they'll focus on curing patients more this season like they used to do when the show first started.

I wouldn't be surprised either if this was the last season. The show has gone downhill somewhat during the last few years. It just seems like they're running out of ideas and getting stale. I think most of the characters are awesome, it's just the storylines are not has exciting.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I hope this season is the last season. I wanted season 6 to be the last season. I didn't watch season 7 because I'm afraid of what they've done with the House character. I didn't want them to go further because they've done everything they could medically and they were shifting onto the drama of the show. In the earlier seasons, I preferred the mix of drama with the medicine, because it made the drama seem lighter. Making the drama part heavier and moodier kind of killed the show for me.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
It's looking more likely that this will be the last season; Olivia Wilde is leaving.

Also, Foreman's a dick. Even more so than usual now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I loved the second episode of the season. Glad that House is back in the Hospital where he belongs. I thought Foreman was a dick until he gave House half of his old office back. I'm glad that Wilson was able to change his feelings about House, and now it seems like they're friends again.

I like the new girl on staff, took me a bit of time to adjust to her, but I like her attitude, she doesn't take any crap from anyone.

From the looks of it, it seems like it's going to be a great season.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm not happy at all. I want the old team back :(

I realize that wouldn't make sense considering the end of season 7, which was epic. I guess lisa edelstein was wanting out of the show? Who knows. Foreman as dean of medicine is kinda weird but I guess I'll get used it to. Honestly, if they go to a 9th season after this, i'll be upset. They've done it all. I'm not sure where else they can go with this. I was pissed they didn't end it in 7.

Oh well, someone let me know when season 8 is over so I can download the whole season and watch it all in a row lol. I hate watching it once a week lol, i can't stand suspense.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another great episode, my boy Wensworth Miller was in the last episode, he played a patient that like to give. He gave his money away, he wanted to donate his kidneys away, House knew something was wrong with him. The doctor from the Prison is currently on staff, she's only "volunteering" and thirteen made an appearance but she's gone for good now.

Foreman was kind of a jackass in this one again. I much preferred him when he was part of the staff. Hopefully he goes back to his old self some time in the near future.

Anyway, after talking with Wilson, House finally found out what the problem was and was able to cure him.

The funniest part of the show was when Dr. Chi told Dr Adams that she punched the last person that pissed her off, she replied saying "was it Santa Clause" oh man, I was laughing so hard.

Show is off to a good start, in my opinion.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I never really liked Foreman after his power trip from the last time House was away; I'm wondering if that was the reason the others left too. They were good diagnosticians even without House, but they know what Foreman's like.

Taoub (sp?) needs to reappear, if only for an episode; I need to know what happened between him, his ex-wife and his girlfriend :lol: