House Donations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Lets say people are walking up down the street to collect money for poor people or other organization. You hear a knock and you know it's them. What do you do?

Do you answer the door?

Do you give them money?

Do you say sorry not interested?

Please explain me your answer.

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

I say "Sorry my parents aren't here" :3

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I just say my parents aren't home.

Though depending on the cause I might donate money.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Point to the "No solicitors" sticker on the window. That usually takes care of it.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My dog usually scares everyone off, if that doesn't work I just ignore them.

The only time I answer is if it's one of the neighborhood kids looking for donations for a sport they're in or something. Lord knows my girls have done enough begging at neighbor's houses.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

If it's Red Cross, my parents usually donate 5 to 10 dollars. For other shit, the dog scares them off.

7. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

When I lived with my parents in town we had some strung out crackhead lady try to get money off of us, i kept her on the porch while my mom called the police, come to find out she had been getting cash off of people all day saying her son was sick. Other than that never had anyone come up asking for donations like that. Now I live out in the woods pretty much I am about 1/4 mile off of road, had some Jehova Witnesses come down here after my dog made sure they stayed in the mini van I ran them off with some crazy scientology shit and asked them to join me, they left and never came back. Those are really only times had anyone come to door soliciting for anything.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I NEVER GIVE MONEY to people going door-to-door. I 100% don't trust them.

I don't mind giving money to the Red Cross or some legit organization, but if some random people come to my door asking for money I'll just ignore it and have them keep knocking or tell them "No thanks, maybe another time."

I usually do the former, though...