Hot Wheels

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Dragon, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I started collecting Hot Wheel cars yesterday. Went to the pharmacy to get a refill on my medication and they had a dollar section and saw the Hot Wheel cars. Ever since I saw a special on CBS about collecting Hot Wheels, I knew I want to start collecting them. So I picked up a 1968 Mustang. The plastic is busted on the bottom and was disappointed but it was the only one left and I love Mustangs and had to get it. Also picked up a Corvette Stingray. Not sure what year it is. Lastly, 1947 Chevy Fleetline. These are the 2004 series. I do not know anything about cars but know that these will be worth alot of money someday. That's why I'm collecting them and hopefully sell them on Ebay in 20 years.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Are you planning on opening them or keeping them mint?

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm going to try to keep them mint in the box. I think it's worth more if it's still in the box.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Toys are usually worth more in there un-opened package, I really cant think of a opened toy being worth more than one MIB (mint in box).

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

LOL, and if it turns out some guy will pay you more if they are not mint in the box, that's a problem easily solved. It's not quite as easy the other way around. :D

6. SamusAran86

Yeah, but there are people who like to have some of there stuff opened, Im not sure if they would actualy pay more for it, unless it was a really rare type of toy!!

7. Mina

Mina Registered Member

Just a hint.... if you do happen to open any of them... DO NOT step on them.... Hot Wheels hurt

I'm always finding them in odd places

8. SamusAran86

aint that the truth... well than again any small toy is hard on the feet!!

hot wheels more so because they are metal

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I agree they hurt when stepped on. But micro machines hurt more. Trust me on that. I still have the imprint of a tank on the bottom of my foot. And that was one year ago
    If you want to know how much your hot weels are worth, every year Lee's Toy Reveiw Puts out a hot wheels spectial price addition.
    Tater there a few toys that are worth more out of the box than in the box. Not many but there some.
    Till next time.................... :warp:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  10. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Yeah, I was going to start collecting Hot wheels but something always came up that I need to buy. Oh, well.