Hot vs Cute

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
These words are often used for describing good looking people. Do you use either or both? What's the difference between someone hot and someone cute and which one do you prefer, if looking for a date?

Iris

rainbow 11!
The way I can describe it... Hmmmm.... I would say hot is someone very sexually appealing but someone I can't see myself dating for whatever reason. I've had no sleep so if I don't make any sense, this is why.

And cute... I use cute for kids lol

I tend to use pretty, gorgeous, or beautiful for people i find attractive and probably wanna date.

Ugh I have a feeling that I am not making sense.

Earth

Registered Member
Definately hot, I prefer hot people when I'm in a relationship, cute means the tiniest bit to me. To be honest I love a bit a both but would like hot to be the higher percentage.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Cute for me is someone I would never date. It would usually apply to their FACE but it also works with dogs and children.

Hot is used for someone I want to be with. In every way.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
These words are often used for describing good looking people. Do you use either or both? What's the difference between someone hot and someone cute and which one do you prefer, if looking for a date?
I use them both.

Cute is for a girl who does not strike you immediately as sexually arousing but is very pleasing to the eye. In this department, I think Ellen Page.

Hot is someone like Olivia Wylde, it's hard to not be aroused by the very sight of her.

That being said, I value both but I tend to go for cute women.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
The way I can describe it... Hmmmm.... I would say hot is someone very sexually appealing but someone I can't see myself dating for whatever reason. I've had no sleep so if I don't make any sense, this is why.

And cute... I use cute for kids lol

I tend to use pretty, gorgeous, or beautiful for people i find attractive and probably wanna date.

Ugh I have a feeling that I am not making sense.
That's basically how I see it. haha

Hot = I'd hit that, but I wouldn't date you.
Cute = Not necessarily sexy, but can always put a smile on my face

I tend to go for cute girls. or cute in my opinion. I just have this weird feeling that hot girls are just there to play you. :p It's like they know they're hot and they're going to abuse it. I don't really blame them though, but that's not my thing.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I have two definitions for cute.

1) Cute girls are physically attractive. I can imagine me dating them. These girls are 6-8 on a 10 scale and fairly common at college I think.

2) Cute is a nice way of defining a girl who I am friends with but not attracted to. I have friends that are girls but none that I would date but they are not ugly or plain either.

I usually say cute 1 more often. Rarely do I find myself in a situation where cute 2 is used in a conversation. If a guys asks me about one of my friends who is a girl and wants me to describe her I use cute 2.

Hot is usually reserved for the best-looking girls. I say it here and there when describing girls. They fall into the 9 or 10 out of 10 category.

I also use "plain" which is not unattractive nor attractive these are the 5s.

However, all these terms are used to describe my physical attraction to them. Not their personality.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use both of them, but mostly hot. Hot to me is someone that is out of this world and is close to being a 9, it's very rare for someone to hit a ten on my scale. I mostly use cute for girls that are a bit younger than I am, like eighteen or nineteen.