• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hot or mild salsa?

Do you like mild or hot salsa?

• I like it really hot.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I like it medium.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I like it mild.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I dont eat salsa but my dog loves it.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wtf is salsa?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Ghost peppers are also called Bhut Jolokia. They have a 1,020,000 rating on the Scoville capsaicin (heat) scale.
Jalapeno peppers are only about 4,000.
And the Red Habanero peppers Im growing are about 400,000.

Theres only 3 peppers that are hotter than Ghost peppers but I dont think they are edible.
Ghost peppers are so hot that they probably cause ulcers :lol:.

Yeah they are ridiculously hot, there's not a normal person alive that actually handles them well.

Check this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dFMCf8zi5s

:lol:

Everyone always thinks it's not bad at first and then suddenly they can't swallow or anything.

"There are health warnings on the package."

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've added a medium option to the poll for whoever wants to vote for that.

I like things somewhere between medium and hot, but probably closer to hot. I like a nice kick, but not to the point where it takes away from the flavor or makes my mouth feel like it's on fire for a while.

I don't think I'll be eating a ghost pepper anytime soon.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Ghost peppers are so hot that they probably cause ulcers :lol:.

Yeah they are ridiculously hot, there's not a normal person alive that actually handles them well.

Check this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dFMCf8zi5s

:lol:

Everyone always thinks it's not bad at first and then suddenly they can't swallow or anything.

"There are health warnings on the package."
Umm... no! :shocked: Red Habaneros are hot enough! Too hot enough!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've added a medium option to the poll for whoever wants to vote for that.

I like things somewhere between medium and hot, but probably closer to hot. I like a nice kick, but not to the point where it takes away from the flavor or makes my mouth feel like it's on fire for a while.

I don't think I'll be eating a ghost pepper anytime soon.
Thanks for adding the medium option.

No I will not be eating a ghost pepper anytime soon either.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Hot salsa. I remember this salsa making course I took during my trip in Mexico and we used molcajete (mortar thingy) instead of blender to mix.

vaibhav25

Registered Member
I just love hot salsa and i love eating during the winters

Litharnum

Registered Member
I'm not a fan of spicy/hot food, however I go like salsa. So if i can get mild salsa, i'm all for it. :)

dDave

V.I.P.
Thanks for adding the medium option.

No I will not be eating a ghost pepper anytime soon either.
A ghost pepper (not just the salsa) is something I'd love to try sometime just to say I've done it if for no other reason.

I want to see how well I handle it. Most people almost choke on it.

I'm not a fan of spicy/hot food, however I go like salsa. So if i can get mild salsa, i'm all for it. :)
You could try working up a tolerance for spicy food. Maybe start going for medium salsa and if that works out then try going for hot. Otherwise there are still plenty of really good mild mixes to be had.

Litharnum

Registered Member
You could try working up a tolerance for spicy food. Maybe start going for medium salsa and if that works out then try going for hot. Otherwise there are still plenty of really good mild mixes to be had.
Tolerence isn't an issue, I just tend to generally dislike spicer foods, not sure why. I have found a nice mild salsa in my local store that I like. I could eat that till I explode, dipped with chips :D

Dominique_Katrina

Registered Member
I like spice in my salsa, but not to the point where it dominates the whole flavor and hurts your mouth- I buy the medium kind for jarred salsa. It's got enough spice for me, but it's not overpowering.