• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hot or mild salsa?

Do you like mild or hot salsa?

• I like it really hot.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I like it medium.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I like it mild.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I dont eat salsa but my dog loves it.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wtf is salsa?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
K. I like really hot salsa on tacos and with tortilla chips and stuff. The hotter it is the more i like it. :D So Im making a salsa thread and poll because some people like salsa only not hot.
So 2 questions. Do you like mild or hot salsa?
Do you make your own salsa?

Btw recipe posting is allowed in the thread since we have peppers in the garden and I wanna make salsa too. I havent tried making it yet.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't like mild or hot, I like medium so I didn't vote in the poll. I like it warm enough that it warms up my mouth some but I don't want to have the urge to drink a glass of water with every bite.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Spice it up, son.

I love me some spicy salsa but a mild salsa can be very, very good when freshly prepared when good ingredients.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't make salsa but I do make pico de gallo at times, but the meat market I go to makes an awesome pico de gallo so I don't bother making it anymore. I prefer it somewhat hot. Not too hot where it loses it's flavor but hot enough to give a kick.

dDave

V.I.P.
I find a lot of the stuff labeled hot is still pretty mild. Recently I've been putting cayanne and maybe some curry on my food just to add some spice, it's great.

I like having spice that adds to the flavor, eventually you simply have too much spice though.

Anybody try ghost pepper salsa?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
@ Hilander. My bad. I shoulda added a in-between but I was only thinking about hot, lol.

I havent tried Bhut Jolokia yet but it almost sounds scary. Its even hotter than Trinidad Scorpions!
My salsa will be a lot like pico de gallo because it wont be cooked. Ive had it before and its 100x better than cooked salsa! The peppers we are growing for salsa are Red Habanero, Purira chili, Seranno, Long Thin Cayenne, and Jalapeno.
We are growing 11 other varieties of peppers too but those are mostly just mild or sweet.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have tried only one variety of ghost pepper salsa but it was not as hot as I was expecting. To be honest, I think there was barely any in it. I'm sure I'll be stupid enough to buy a more potent blend once I find one in stores.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Ghost pepper salsa? Now you're talking. Where can I get me some of that?

My answer to a poll about hot or mild anything is always HOT. The hotter the better.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If your Salsa isn't hot enough for you try adding Tabasco. I put it in barbeque sauce to warm it up. Sometimes I get it too warm for me.

I've never heard of ghost peppers, I'm assuming its pretty hot.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
If your Salsa isn't hot enough for you try adding Tabasco. I put it in barbeque sauce to warm it up. Sometimes I get it too warm for me.

I've never heard of ghost peppers, I'm assuming its pretty hot.
Ghost peppers are also called Bhut Jolokia. They have a 1,020,000 rating on the Scoville capsaicin (heat) scale.
Jalapeno peppers are only about 4,000.
And the Red Habanero peppers Im growing are about 400,000.

Theres only 3 peppers that are hotter than Ghost peppers but I dont think they are edible.