• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hot or Cold

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Thread with certain questions or discussion stuff that has some bearing on the title I've come up with: Hot or Cold... I'm making this up as I go on, I've given myself the task of creating 10 things, before I log out and go to bed... So erm...

1) Are you nesh?
'Nesh' being a term (Colloquial I think, perhaps even specific to the dialect around here) that refers to people who perceive temperature to be hot when it isn't or cold when it isn't.
It's a weird thing, because I wondered whether it was something to do with age. Yet I find people of a wide variety of different ages have come to me at some point, or mentioned in my vicinity that - 'God, it's freezing' - Yet it's not, it's a fine and agreeable 12C. And others mention it's 'boiling' when it's the same temperature thereabouts.
I don't know if it's just their personal biology or whatever, or if there are folks in general with this affliction known as neshness, or neshnosity or neshheads.
What do you think? --
I'd like that word to be added to the dictionary.

--

2) You got be one or the other.
You're baking, not to the point where your skin melts off and steam's coming off you. But pretty damn warm.
or
You're right chilly. Once again, not to the point where you are blue-skinned but you're pretty cold.
Which would you rather be?

--

3) A film comes out with the title 'Hot or Cold' - You are given sod all information about what it's like. Do you go see it? Would a title like that make you think it's a proper masterpiece of entertainment, or deter you because it sounds like the shittest shit ever to be shat.

--

4) A barn is on fire. There are two horses in there and 8 people. You don't know any of the people. You can only save the people, or the horses. Which do you rescue?

--

5) Do you prefer summer or winter?

--

6) What do you reckon to Polar Bears?

--

7) If you found out hot dogs were actually made of dog, what would you do? You've perhaps been eating them for years as a favoured snack... Would you stop and join the angry protestors or continue eating them?

--

8) What is your favourite flavour of iced lolly, or popsicle?

--

9) In your bathroom, if you have one, what side is your hot tap (faucet) on, and the cold on your bath tub - left or right? Or is it a proper mad tub where the taps are like on the ceiling or whatever. If you don't have a bath, then how about the sink/wash basin?

--

10) Please share the name of a right 'hot' celebrity, and a 'cold' one. Hot being a looker, might only be famous because of that. And a cold one isn't a looker, might be a granny or something, might only be famous because of that. Either way share your opinions on hot and cold people of fame that might oughta be mentioned for some reason.

--

If you get through that lot you're hot. If you don't you're chilly. And honestly, I think I can see how bad the questions got the further I went. Questions 9 and 10 are a load of shit. But answer as best you can, if so you wish to.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Thread with certain questions or discussion stuff that has some bearing on the title I've come up with: Hot or Cold... I'm making this up as I go on, I've given myself the task of creating 10 things, before I log out and go to bed... So erm...

1) Are you nesh?
'Nesh' being a term (Colloquial I think, perhaps even specific to the dialect around here) that refers to people who perceive temperature to be hot when it isn't or cold when it isn't.
It's a weird thing, because I wondered whether it was something to do with age. Yet I find people of a wide variety of different ages have come to me at some point, or mentioned in my vicinity that - 'God, it's freezing' - Yet it's not, it's a fine and agreeable 12C. And others mention it's 'boiling' when it's the same temperature thereabouts.
I don't know if it's just their personal biology or whatever, or if there are folks in general with this affliction known as neshness, or neshnosity or neshheads.
What do you think? --
I'd like that word to be added to the dictionary.

--

You're baking, not to the point where your skin melts off and steam's coming off you. But pretty damn warm.
or
You're right chilly. Once again, not to the point where you are blue-skinned but you're pretty cold.

--

3) A film comes out with the title 'Hot or Cold' - You are given sod all information about what it's like. Do you go see it? Would a title like that make you think it's a proper masterpiece of entertainment, or deter you because it sounds like the shittest shit ever to be shat.

--

4) A barn is on fire. There are two horses in there and 8 people. You don't know any of the people. You can only save the people, or the horses. Which do you rescue?

--

--

--

7) If you found out hot dogs were actually made of dog, what would you do? You've perhaps been eating them for years as a favoured snack... Would you stop and join the angry protestors or continue eating them?

--

--

9) In your bathroom, if you have one, what side is your hot tap (faucet) on, and the cold on your bath tub - left or right? Or is it a proper mad tub where the taps are like on the ceiling or whatever. If you don't have a bath, then how about the sink/wash basin?

--

10) Please share the name of a right 'hot' celebrity, and a 'cold' one. Hot being a looker, might only be famous because of that. And a cold one isn't a looker, might be a granny or something, might only be famous because of that. Either way share your opinions on hot and cold people of fame that might oughta be mentioned for some reason.

--

If you get through that lot you're hot. If you don't you're chilly. And honestly, I think I can see how bad the questions got the further I went. Questions 9 and 10 are a load of shit. But answer as best you can, if so you wish to.
I want you to know i'm bored, and that's the only reason I'm answering these. You must have been pretty freaking bored to make this haha

1) Yes, I think I am "Nesh" (Never heard that term before) To me, 12 degrees is freezing, but that's because i've just moved from a much warmer climate, where 12 degrees is a nice winter temp.

2) I'd rather be really hot. I like the warmth, and considering you adjust to temperatures, it wouldn't be so bad.

3) I would not go see it. I'm broke, so i'm only going to be going to the movies to see something that is meant to be amazing.

4) The people. I think most people would go with this choice.

5) Definitely prefer Summer. Not only do I prefer the heat, but I prefer summer clothing, summer activities and just that everything seems more positive in the sun.

6) I really don't have an opinion one way or the other on them

7) I'm not sure. In some cultures its not weird at all to eat dog, so I guess it's all a mental thing.

8) I don't really like ice lollys or ice cream or anything like that.

9) Hot is on the left, cold is on the right in one of the bathrooms. In the other bathroom its opposite. Which gets really fucking confusing sometimes!

10) Hot - Gerard Butler, Jared Leto, I can go on forever so i'll stop with those two.
Cold - Amy Winehouse

shelgarr

Registered Member
) Are you nesh? Hm....yes, I think. Often I think a room is colder than others do.

2) Which would you rather be....cold or hot? Hot.

3) A film comes out with the title 'Hot or Cold' - Do you go see it? No, I would not go see it.

4) Which do you rescue....horses or people? Definitely the people. Although it would make me very upset to leave the horses. Hey! Maybe the people I save could help me get the horses!

5) Do you prefer summer or winter? I love each of them since each is a short period of time. If I were to pick a climate.....warm.

6) What do you reckon to Polar Bears? Unsure of what this asks.

7) If you found out hot dogs were actually made of dog, what would you do? I would quit eating them. Ew.

8) What is your favourite flavour of iced lolly, or popsicle? Cherry!--

9) In your bathroom, if you have one, what side is your hot tap (faucet) on, and the cold on your bath tub - left or right? hot on the left, cold on the right.

10) Please share the name of a right 'hot' celebrity, and a 'cold' one. A hot celebrity only for her looks would be Paris Hiton. A cold celebrity famous for other reasons would be Kathy Bates.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
1) Are you nesh?
I guess so. I do get hot or cold sometimes when nobody else is. I assumed this happened to everyone.

or
I'd go with chilly. It's a lot easier to warm up by adding extra layers than it is to cool off by removing them. You can only take off so much, and even if you're able to strip down naked you might still be hot and sweaty. I can't stand sweating when I'm not exercising.

3) A film comes out with the title 'Hot or Cold'
I would probably not pay to see it, based on the title alone and not knowing anything else about it.

The people, obviously.

I actually prefer winter weather, but overall I like summer more just because there's more that I can do outside. Summer is hiking season for me.

I like them, but I'm not Canadian so I've never seen one in the wild.

7) If you found out hot dogs were actually made of dog, what would you do?
I would stop eating them and join the protests.

Cherry or anything citrusy like lemon or lime.

9) In your bathroom, if you have one, what side is your hot tap (faucet) on, and the cold on your bath tub - left or right?
Hot on the left, cold on the right.

10) Please share the name of a right 'hot' celebrity, and a 'cold' one.
Evangeline Lilly is hot. Joan Rivers is frigid.

Dabs

Registered Member
1) Are you nesh?

Could be, I am a hot blooded person most of the time tho, I am usually the one who is hot when everyone else in the room is cold.

It is much easier to find ways to stay warm, than it is to try and find ways to get chilled.

3) A film comes out with the title 'Hot or Cold' - You are given sod all information about what it's like. Do you go see it?

Depends on who stars in it.

I would definitely save the people.

Summer.

I think they are cute to watch and look adorable, especially the cubs, but really wouldn't care to get near one.

I would stop eating them, for sure!

I do not like popsicles.

9) In your bathroom, if you have one, what side is your hot tap (faucet) on, and the cold on your bath tub - left or right?

I have sinks, tubs, all the correct plumbing, and all the hot water faucets are on the left and the cold water faucets are on the right.

10) Please share the name of a right 'hot' celebrity, and a 'cold' one. Hot being a looker, might only be famous because of that. And a cold one isn't a looker

A hot celebrity to me is Hugh Jackman and Johhny Depp, when he is more the pirate *ha*
A cold celebrity to me would be Howard Stern.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
1) Are you nesh?
I guess I am a little. I tend to get hot/stuffy indoors quickly. I need lots of cold fresh air in an office or enclosed space. Even when it's cold outside.

--

or
I'll take the cold.

--

3) A film comes out with the title 'Hot or Cold'
No, I won't go watch it. It sounds super lame. :shake:

--

My obvious answer would be the people. But then the question is, why can't the people save themselves? They have the ability to know what to do to save themselves, whereas the horses would just panic and not be able to escape. So it's not that clean cut for me.

--

Winter.

--
Um, they're pretty? I live in Africa, we don't do bears, polar or otherwise. But polar bears look like magnificent animals. And they look scary as hell.

--

I would stop eating them and join protests.

--

Strawberry or lemon.

--

Hot is on the left and cold on the right.

--
10) Please share the name of a right 'hot' celebrity, and a 'cold' one.
Jared Leto is HOT! David Caruso is nasty cold.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
1) Are you nesh? No, I don't think so. I recall a few occasions where people have complained about it being either really cold or really hot and I've been fine. Though, I'm sure there's been a few times it's the other way round...

2) You got be one or the other. Hot or cold. I'd rather be cold than hot. But only if I can wear a blanket or hug someone warm. :D

3) A film comes out with the title 'Hot or Cold' - You are given sod all information about what it's like. Do you go see it? No. Though not because it sounds awfully awful, but because I'd never go see any movie without prior info or recommendation.

4) You can only save the people, or the horses. Which do you rescue?
The people...

5) Do you prefer summer or winter? Winter.

6) What do you reckon to Polar Bears? They are cute, especially the cubs. But it scares me to see them on TV or anything because I associate them with my phobia animal. Same with penguins.... But otherwise, I like them a lot. Bears are cool.

7) If you found out hot dogs were actually made of dog, what would you do? Logically I'd continue eating them. Dogs are eaten in places like China and they're just animals like all the other meat I eat. But I have a soft spot for doggies so in reality, I'd stop eating them.

8) What is your favourite flavour of iced lolly, or popsicle? Any! Since the flavours tend to be so watered down, it doesn't really make a difference to me. So we'll go with raspberry. I don't really like citrus flavours but that's about it.

9) In your bathroom, if you have one, what side is your hot tap (faucet) on? The hot tap is on the left. I don't know about the bath, it's too far away for me to go check. There's nothing 'mad' about it though, lol.

10) Please share the name of a right 'hot' celebrity, and a 'cold' one. No. I don't want to do this question because I wish to be considered 'chilly'.

Halfy said:
If you get through that lot you're hot. If you don't you're chilly.

Bliss

Sally Twit
1) I am the opposite. Other people will complain it's hot or cold and I will feel fine.

2) I'd always rather be too cold than too hot. It's much more difficult to cool down than it is to get warm.

3) No. I only pay to see films I know I will like or that star someone huge.

4) The people. I'd then hope they'd be able to help me save the horses.

5) I love Winter and I hate Summer.

6) I wish they were people friendly. They always look so cute on the TV and I want to pet them.

7) I haven't eaten that many over the years so I wouldn't hate myself. I'd definitely join in with a protest, though. Poor doggehs.

8) I like anything that is strawberry.

9) The hot tap is on the left. It's never been turned on as we always take showers.

10) Johnny Depp is hot hot hot! Lady Gaga makes me vomit blood through my nose so she can be cold.