• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hot Dog Eating Contest

Dragon

V.I.P.
Who will be watching the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on ESPN on July 4th? I think Joey Chestnut will win again but it doesn't hurt to root for Pat Bertoletti. He was in Cleveland last month for the qualifier and of course he creamed the local competitors with 38 hot dogs in 10 minutes. I also managed to get a picture with him. He is currently no. 2 competitive eater in the world. I would like to see Kobayashi compete but he is no longer in the league. No Pat did not kill anyone. This picture was taken after the contest was over and he was drinking kool aid during the contest which explains why his mouth and hands were red.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really can't stand watching these, lol...just gross to me, and the whole symbolism of western society wasting food when people are starving actually does get to me sometimes. Not that these specific hot dogs would go anywhere, but it is kind of symbolic. I won't go into that in depth here, though haha.

So Dragon, since you have a pic with one of these guys I'm assuming that you're a big fan? How did you get into it, and what keeps you watching? I'm interested in hearing the perspective of someone that is actually a fan of it.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'll watch it. I love watching it but I really do wish Koby wouldn't still be in it. Chestnut will probably win it again.

Dragon

V.I.P.
I really can't stand watching these, lol...just gross to me, and the whole symbolism of western society wasting food when people are starving actually does get to me sometimes. Not that these specific hot dogs would go anywhere, but it is kind of symbolic. I won't go into that in depth here, though haha.

So Dragon, since you have a pic with one of these guys I'm assuming that you're a big fan? How did you get into it, and what keeps you watching? I'm interested in hearing the perspective of someone that is actually a fan of it.
I like to eat alot and my friend told me about the hot dog eating contest and i have been watching it on espn for a few years now. I just like to watch it to see how many hot dogs they eat because it seems like the hot dog count goes up almost every year and to see if anyone will overtake the champ.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The most interesting thing to me about these contests is that the winners are usually in incredible physical shape. A lot of people who are overweight say it's because they love to eat, but what they might not realize is that if they worked out and got in shape they could eat even more. :lol:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Awesome stuff Dragon!

I read that Kobayashi held his own little tournament on a rooftop and he finished with eating 69 hot dogs, which is seven more then Chestnut. Obviously, it doesn't officially count since he wasn't in the real competition.

CONEY ISLAND HOT DOG EATING CONTEST: Kobayashi Ate 69 Hot Dogs In Vain Yesterday
Chestnut commented on that and how it was no different then the times he beat his down record in his house but of course they don't count that.

Last edited: