• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hot Breakfast

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you prefer cereal and milk or a nice fry-up? Or, maybe you like to heat up your cereal. Porridge or Weetabix for example.

I don't have breakfast but it's my boyfriend's and mum's favourite meal of the day.
My boyfriend will heat up his Weetabix or just stick with boring old Bran Flakes.
My mum loves scrambled egg on toast with beans.

I am going away tomorrow for a couple of nights and my dad is getting excited about his hotel fry-up lol. I will eat breakfast when I go away as it's included in the cost so it'd be wrong of me not to take advantage. I do love bacon and toast but don't have it that often.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
You should eat breakfast Bliss, it's healthier! :lol:

I love breakfast. Any kind will do. Warm, cold, medium. Eggs, toast, bacon, waffles, pancakes, sausages etc etc etc. I especially love a good bowl of granola cereal. Nothing hits the spot better after a long night of sleeping and not eating.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My family's tradition has always been cold breakfast (cereal, etc.) during the week and a big, hot breakfast on Sundays after mass. At this point in time, it's just my Mom, Dad, and me in the house...my Dad never eats breakfast except for on those Sundays, and I'm hit or miss. My Mom will always have a bowl of cereal.

The Sunday hot breakfast tradition does continue, and we'll have stuff like bacon, eggs, and toast... or omelets... or pancakes and bacon, etc. The good thing about leaving this kind of breakfast for one day a week or so is that you're not constantly eating bacon or sausage, it's probably a lot better health-wise.

stripes

Registered Member
I love cooked breakfasts, but don't have them often. Only when I'm on holiday, usually. I eat a little fruit in the morning. Once a month, I allow myself a 'treat', whether that be a cooked breakfast, a pizza in an evening, some chocolate biscuits, a takeaway, fast food, or on occasion, a sugary cereal...you get the idea.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm not a huge fan of breakfast foods but I do love cereal (although mostly I eat that during the day, not in the morning). I like fry ups in hotels! But I never ever eat hot food in the morning at home. Probably mostly just because I'm lazy but yeah.

Bliss

Sally Twit
You should eat breakfast Bliss, it's healthier! :lol:
I just can't stomach it. I never feel hungry in the morning before work. I wake up at 6am every day and don't usually want to eat until around 11am. And then it's just an hour until lunch so I usually wait. I drink water until lunch and it sees me through.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
As soon as my eyes open, I'm looking forward to breakfast as if it were Christmas morning. I don't care about fancy--I just like it hearty. I make pancakes a lot, which usually consist of flax seed, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, autumn spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, vanilla, and other goodies that stick to your ribs. I make the mix on the weekends and leave it in a tub in the fridge. It's my favorite high-energy, high-protein breakfast. On sweltering hot days in the summer, I like a light bowl of my Cheerios + soymilk and a piece of fruit alongside nuts. Actually, I'm pretty sure I keep Cheerios in business. :lol:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've had a battle with breakfast my entire life. My grandpa used to try and force me to eat breakfast whenever he was over or we were at his house because he loved it so much and believed it was the way to kick off the day.

My problem is I'm rarely hungry in the morning. It takes a lot for me to eat anything when I'm first up. So I don't do the hot breakfasts that often. I usually eat an apple. When I was in college I ate cereal 5 times a week.

When I was at home my Dad would make a hot breakfast after mass like Unity's do. Which was nice to have every once in a while!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I eat breakfast on odd days. If I have time in the morning, I will eat some Weetbix but if I am in a hurry, I usually get something on the way to school, like a hot dog or something.

Impact

V.I.P.
My family's tradition has always been cold breakfast (cereal, etc.) during the week and a big, hot breakfast on Sundays after mass. At this point in time, it's just my Mom, Dad, and me in the house...my Dad never eats breakfast except for on those Sundays, and I'm hit or miss. My Mom will always have a bowl of cereal.

The Sunday hot breakfast tradition does continue, and we'll have stuff like bacon, eggs, and toast... or omelets... or pancakes and bacon, etc. The good thing about leaving this kind of breakfast for one day a week or so is that you're not constantly eating bacon or sausage, it's probably a lot better health-wise.
Similar to this, except it was just whenever I woke up on Sunday rather than after mass. Generally it would be poached eggs and bacon with toast. Occasionally a full english. During the week i'm hit or miss too, sometimes I wake up starving sometimes I don't eat til later on. Generally breakfast is toast, cereal seems to be more for snacks before bed.