• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hostages held in Sydney cafe

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
This probaly is ISIS or a ISIS sympathizer. This is in one of the articles but the police asked the press to omit it. I think its still in this article.

He demanded an "Islamic State" flag and to speak to Prime Minister Tony Abbott via radio. He also claimed to have two bombs inside the cafe, and two others elsewhere in Sydney's central business district.
ISIS Sauce

K. They havent removed it yet. Another article said that the NSW police knew who he was but werent releasing that information.
This could get really serious.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Let's all be glad that he didn't decide to open fire on the hostages, that happens sometimes with situations like this.

Absolutely terrible. Why would someone do something like this?

They talked about sending in a bomb robot but otherwise didn't mention finding any bombs. Anybody know something about that?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Let's all be glad that he didn't decide to open fire on the hostages, that happens sometimes with situations like this.

Absolutely terrible. Why would someone do something like this?

They talked about sending in a bomb robot but otherwise didn't mention finding any bombs. Anybody know something about that?
I forgot to bookmark the article but they used bomb sensing robots and they didnt find any bombs in the cafe or in that part of the city.