Hossa signs in Chicago

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Millz, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

He's going to be 42 when this deal is over!

You've gotta be kidding me.

I hate this clown.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I have to say, I believe this is the first time you and I agreed on anything hockey-related. I don't like people who team-hop shopping for a cup.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He was a bust in Detroit in my opinion. He would've been better off just staying with the Penguins but to be honest, I don't think they'd have beat Detroit if he was on the team this past year because he seems like he's just a big Debbie downer and that brings everyone around you down.

I bet if Chicago doesn't win the cup next year he'll ask for a trade.

4. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

With some of their young superstars(Toews,Kane) up for contract renewal in the not too distant future Chicago is going to have seriuous salary cap issues. And Hossa is not a team player and will be a big negative in that young dressing room in Chicago.

5. Millz

Yeah I agree with everyone...Hossa is not the kind of person I'd want him in my lockerroom...obviously the Hawks think differently.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think this deal is a bit to long, but Hossa is a great player and I would definitely take him on my team. He puts the puck in the net and he's good a setting people up. Now I agree with you guys that he's only trying to win a cup, but honestly, do you blame the guy? Every player wants a cup, what's wrong with him signing with a cup contender?

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Why that long? You know he won't stay with the team more than 4 or 5 years, if that, just stupid. He is a good player, but I would've tried to get a different free agent.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

if it werent for the longevity of the contract I'd almost think the only reason they signed him was for trade bait for next seasons deadline. Because other than that... i dont think Hossa is really that much of an asset anymore. Especially not for a roster as promising as the Hawks.

9. Millz

This deal is good for Hossa but terrible for Chicago

Its terrible because of the LENGTH of the deal...he'll be 42 when its up...that's just way too damn much. He'll prove useful for a while, sure, but not the entire time you wouldnt think.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree, I mean hell most players are lucky to still be playing in their thirties.... for him to have a contract that deep at his age... heh, I'm thinking he's most definitely looking to retire there.