Hospitals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

How do hospitals make you feel, either as a patient or a visitor, and why? People tend to think bad of them because it's basically a place for sick people. Is it the same for you?

I've always felt uncomfortable in hospitals because of different things, like the smell (that sterile, disinfectanty kind of smell) and because I know so many people will have died there.

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

They don't bother me any. I've been in them both as a patient and as a visitor. I've been looking into getting my nursing degree, so I'm more curious then anything.

3. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I generally don't like hospitals of any kind after something that happened. So, I don't feel bad in them, I just don't like them.

4. xkayxx

xkayxx Registered Member

Hospitals make me feel uncomfortable. My mother was in the hospital last month and the whole time i was there i just kept seeing all of the really sick patients and it made me really uncomfortable and sad.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You can also think that so many people were born there. :hah: I actually like that smell you mentioned. I think I wouldn't mind sleeping in the hospital if I'm not the patient. I've been hospitalised four times. One for my vertigo attack and three for my (baby) deliveries. I felt bored and restricted, especially those days when I feel physically fine but have to stay longer just in case.... I just wanted to get out of the hospital. However, when I'm visiting, I like hanging around there even if I'm not doing anything special.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I've never had a problem with hospitals really. I havnt really been a patient in a hospital and only a few times have I had to visit someone in hospital.

Generally the smells and things dont bother me either.

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I work in a hospital, so they don't really bother me all that much. The smell does get to me in certain hospitals. I know they scare people, but they really do so much good for people. The only time they bother me is when I have patients that are in similar positions during my last visits to my brother and exboyfriend.

It is more the memories I have had in hospitals that have bothered me.

As a patient though, they don't bother me at all.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've never been a patient at a hospital, so I can really answer that. But I cannot stand visiting hospitals. They just give me the chills for some reason, seeing all those sick people and stuff. I dont know why, but I just cant stand going to hospitals.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

They usually bother me, but I haven't been to one since I was about 10 so I couldn't say with current honesty how I felt. I'd probably still be nervous, but that's just because I'm a wimp around needles and medical junk like that.

10. Jake

Jake Registered Member

Well I can't say I enjoy going to hospitals because most of the time its because I'm ill, or some I like or care about is ill.

The fact there are other sick people there doesn't really bother me.