• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Horror films for Halloween

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Halloween is just around the corner and this is the time of the year there are plenty of horror film's on TV and being released at the cinema. I myself love the old horror and new too. I use to always watch them on Halloween, not so much anymore, guess I've seen most of the older ones too many times.

I was wondering if anyone liked to watch these movies? If so what are your favorite ones? Are you going to watch them this Halloween? Know any good movies that you would recommend to rent?

25 essential horror films for Halloween

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I do love halloween for this exact reason! There are a few films at my local cinema that I may attend, on their list they are showing:

Labyrinth
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Shining
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Nosferatu

I have not seen The Shining or Nosferatu so I intend to see them, the others I am hit or miss as I have seen them many times.

I also have the following DVDs on order due to be delivered before halloween if Amazon get them to me in time:

Inside

Four months after the death of her husband, a woman on the brink of motherhood is tormented in her home by a strange woman who wants her unborn baby.

Frontiers

A gang of young thieves flee Paris during the violent aftermath of a political election, only to hole up at an Inn run by neo-Nazis.

Martyrs

A young woman's quest for revenge against the people who kidnapped and tormented her as a child leads her and a friend, who is also a victim of child abuse, on a terrifying journey into a living hell of depravity.

I have seen Frontiers but not ther others - fun night shall be had :D

Konshentz

Konshentz
I do my own horrorfest every October. While I enjoy a few of the films on that list, I have my own list of essentials.

Zombieland
Shaun of the Dead
Scream
Feast
Trick 'r Treat
The Thing (original)
Halloween (original)
Friday the 13th (original & '09 reboot)
Predator
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
28 Days Later
Severance

And after this year, The Cabin in the Woods.

Dark_Phoenix

Registered Member
I used to make Bulgarian subtitles for horror movies. I've translated about 50 different movies. I'm practically addicted to horrors. I've watched everything on that list. They are all classic movies and worth watching. My personal favorites there are:

• The Birds (a Hitchcock's masterpiece)
  • Rosemary's baby (beware of the creepy neighbors lol)
  • The Silence of the Lambs (interesting and psychological)
  • The Ring (one of the best Asian horrors ever!)
  • The Blair Witch Project (it looks so real it's frightening)
  • Let The Right One In (it's not classic but the novel was great and the Swedish adaptation is way better than the American one)
I'm also going to recommend a few other movies that are not classic but are also worth watching:

First, let's begin with the movies that have a few sequels:

• Wrong Turn 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - VERY good but you need a strong stomach because it's about cannibals
  • The Hills Have Eyes 1, 2 - it's similar to Wrong Turn, bloody and creepy
  • Anatomy 1, 2 - This is what happens when good med students turn bad
  • SAW - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 - Probably everyone has watched that one. Modern horror but already a classic.
  • Final Destination - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - Also very, very popular. The idea is you can't escape death, and even if you prevent an accident from happening, those people are still going to die in the precise same order.
  • The Descent 1, 2 - I've never been more frightened while watching a horror movie than when I watched The Descent 1 :-o Those creatures are so creepy!!!
  • Hostel 1, 2, 3 - Personal favorite, especially the second movie, one of the actresses there is Bulgarian and she's damn hot :D Anyway, I highly recommend the movies to anyone who hasn't watched them yet. Here is one of the trailers:

hostel 2 trailer - YouTube

And just a few more movies:

• Pathology
  • Darkness Falls
  • Dr Giggles
  • The Unborn
  • The Uninvited
  • Walled In
  • Silent Hill
  • Hide and Seek

~

Last edited: