• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Honor Code

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure not a lot of people have heard about this story, but a student basketball player got suspended for the rest of the season for breaking the honor code(he supposedly had sex with his girlfriend). Which isn't allowed at BYU. Before in listing, the Honor Code was shown to him, and he agreed.

I'm just curious if you guys live by a certain honor code, and if you do, would you mind sharing what it is?

Last edited:

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
That story reminds me of that boxer who gave up because his opponent was a girl. I don't live by any honour code; I just rely on ad-hoc morals.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
My only 'code' that I try my best to stick to is to not lie to people. I've been backstabbed enough and lied to enough that I absolutely cannot take it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I basically just try to live my life in such a way so as to not get in the way of others living their lives. I don't mind being a stepping stone, so long as I'm not a roadblock.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
One that immediately pops into my mind is to never cheat on a significant other. As a guy who has had that happen to him on more then one occasion I would never want a girl to feel that kind of emotional pain.

Other then that I try and be nice to everyone that I can. Pretty much try and live like my grandpa did.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Definitely just to be honest and not hurt people. I think everyone should treat other's as they expect to be treated in return.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
We cannot stop people from getting hurt but we can try to not be the cause of it. Something like that. I don't think I'd ever deliberately hurt someone.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Same as a lot of people, never to cheat or deceive. Some white lies are ok, but I always try my best to be honest in all situations.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
My honor code is to protect and never harm animals to the best extent that I can. When I comes to people, I live by the fact that I judge someone based on their personality and their characteristics, never their appearance, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation etc.

BigBob

Registered Member
The only codes I live by is not lying and helping those who are in danger that can't defend themselves.