TV Honeymooners

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We have a new member, his name is KarlW. I'm pretty sure he's a big fan of Honeymooners, so Ive decided to start up this thread for him, and for other members that are/were interested in the show.

We can discuss about different episodes, characters, punchlines. Anything that is related to the topic.

So here are a few questions:

Who's your favorite character?

Do you think the show should of gone on longer?

Whats your favorite episode?

Discuss.

2. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

Favorite character: a toss-up between Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton
    Longer?: Yes, it only lasted one season (39 eps), unless you count the
    sketches on Jackie Gleason's variety shows
    Favorite episode: Can't pick just one but some memorable ones include
    "The Sleepwalker," "A Dog's Life" and "Ralph's Sweet Tooth" (a "lost
    episode" adapted in the 1986 comic book)

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

MY favorite character is Ralph Kramden, he was so funny. Him and Norton made a great television duo.

I do believe it should of lasted longer, like you said they only made 39 episodes which is a real shame.

My favorite episode is probably Manager of a Baseball Team, it's hilarious.

A fun little fact, when they were casting the Alice part, they didn't want to give the role to Audrey Meddows at first, not because she couldn't do the part, but because she was to pretty. She couldn't wear makeup when she was playing Alice.

4. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

My favorite character is Ed Norton. I think my favorite episode is "Chef of the Future" Ralph and Ed's infomercial to sell a kitchen gadget. I also liked the one where Ralph was learning to play golf. (with Ed's help of course)

5. TVAdam

TVAdam Registered Member

I've been a fan of The Honeymooners ever since the late 1990s when I bought the Classic 39 on videotape. I now own the DVD. I enjoy all the different incarnations of the series (as in "The Lost Episodes" and "The Color Honeymooners", as they're called on DVD). However, they struck comic gold with the classic 39. None of the others topped those 39 episodes.

Norton's my favorite, but of course The Honeymooners wouldn't be The Honeymooners without both Kramden and Norton.

I love it when Ralph has hiccups, so Ed tries to cure it by spilling some pop rocks on the floor, assuming the noise when Ralph steps on it will scare him and the hiccups will go away. Instead, Ralph enters the room and falls right on his butt, lol.

This is one of the all time great sitcoms. And even though I Love Lucy should get credit for being the best sitcom of the 50s (in my opinion), The Honeymooners should definitely get credit for being the second best sitcom of the 50s. I think The Honeymooners has more laugh-out-loud moments than Lucy, though.