HONESTLY...Do you give women compliments?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hinata, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

How often do you comment on a woman's beauty, to her face? Now this may seem weird since it is directed at a group of people younger than me but I want to know.

Do you young men compliment your women on her beauty? Now as your women, I don't just mean your spouse. I mean moms aunts friends whoever is dear to your heart.

I notice it alot, and I even see it when women comment men on their looks they barely give the compliment back to the lady. It's just weird to me how this has just gone downhill.

Now please be aware when I ask this question I mean it to say that you compliment the lady to be nice when you see her in something that really looks good on her, not for the sake of trying to lay her. Be honest fellas, do you give compliments on the regular, not at all, or only for sex?

2. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

In all honesty, I'm a gentleman and I give compliments out to ladies all around me. I'm a ladies man, yes, and I give out compliments because I'm a nice guy. It's worked pretty well. But that's besides the point. I think it's important that one must give compliments to the opposite sex because girls work so hard to try and impress guys and try getting to look how they look, you just have to take the time and compliment them, take notice, and not be infatuated while doing so. You must give compliments with true meaning, that's what I do. I give compliments where they are truly deserved and also just to be nice. Now, I don't just compliment girls/ladies whenever they're looking extravagant or beautiful--I compliment them over little things as well. I know a lot of guys don't do this because they have a mind-set of something like: "Oh, well I'm a man and I don't need to give compliments." That's not true, giving compliments doesn't take anything away from your manliness or your pride or anything. It's a good and healthy thing to do. Regardless, I give many compliments to girls, others don't. I do. Oh well.

3. actually yeah i do, well only to women that matter to me most, im surprised my gf isnt sick of hearing me ramble on about how beautiful she is, i dont let her forget it lol

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

um...I don't really. I don't really come out and say, "wow, you look nice today!". I'm usually a little more indirect with it. Now that I look back, it is kind of weird how no one really gives compliments anymore. I guess people just don't want to give other people a wrong impression or something.

5. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I tend to compliment girls I don't know, or to spur a conversation. Usually hair or shoes. Once I get to know them I don't usually compliment so obviously, usually throughout a conversation I'll use some subtle comments on intelligence or personality.

Kaz

6. Herr Gestalt

Herr Gestalt Guest

I love to give people compliments, whether male or female and whether or not I know them. . .although most often it is women because they seem to react better to compliments. I think if you know someone, the idea that you're paying attention makes them feel great, and to have a complete stranger tell you you look great (or whatever) sincerely is just as nice.

7. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I try to compliment my wife daily on how beautiful she looks. I make sure to go out of my way to notice when she has her hair done differently or wears a new article of clothing and then saying something nice to her about it. I don't ever want her to think I take her for granted. A woman wants to know that she's still attractive to her partner, especially after they've been together for many years.

Hoosier.

8. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

If one of my friends is looking exceptionally gorgeous on a certain day I'll let her know. However if they just look like they do on a normal basis, I usually won't say anything. Unless of course I'm trying to charm a certain lady then its different haha.

9. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

There is an older woman in our building; latin and married. I believe she has several children. She works with the Maintenance Division and does housekeeping. She has for almost ten years. I have repeatedly remarked that her classical latin looks (Argintinian) and oval face are just drop dead gorgeous. She told me earlier she was involved in beauty pageants as a young woman before she was marrried. Her inner beauty still radiates and her outward appearance is still very attractive. She is truly blessed.

Due to the new harassment laws, men can get in real trouble for even mentioning such a thing...while most men try to be courteous to the fair sex, myself included, the new laws on workplace harrassment have meant that men cannot comment upon and must refrain from compliments of any type or risk being sued by broads and dismissed from work due to harrassment. Like divorce, in suits about harrassment, the woman always wins. Thus men just shut up in professional settings. With good cause.

10. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

Which is ridiculous though. It's such a shame to see that we've fallen into a society where I can't be in a work office and see a fellow co-worker and compliment her on how she looks on that certain day without fear of her sueing me and me losing my job.