• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Homework Routine

Shwa

V.I.P.
So for those of the members like myself that are going back to school, or for those who are currently in school, I post this question to you. When do you complete your homework/projects? Are you one to do it right away to give yourself free time, possibly in the middle of the day just to get it out of the way with, or are you a procrastinator and do it last minute?

When I was in high school, It was usually in the afternoons or night, but I procrastinated a lot in my younger learning years. Now that I'm in college, I do it right after class. I only have three classes this semester and they're all spaced out, so the day I have school and wait to go to the next one, I make sure to complete my homework just to get it out of the way with.

~Shwa

Iris

rainbow 11!
I used to procrastinate SO MUCH. While I still do, I'm much better. After my first class I have about two and a half hours until my next, so I immediately go to the computer lab and work on homework. I can usually get half or 3/4 of it done. but since it's not due the next class, I just wait and finish it the next time.

then for my third class, I do that outside of school and at home. it's a lot of writing so I need a computer. or sometimes I'll go sit in starbucks for a few hours or a restaurant by myself, have a meal, relax, and work. it helps me focus more if I am not at home because it means I'm pretty much forced to work without all of the distractions.

Like right now, I should be writing for a class. But nope. I'm posting.

For my third class, I do some in between classes on mondays and wednesdays and some during the week. it's not a whole lot.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't really have routines. My homework changes so much from week to week. Sometimes I can only do the work in the various rooms at school because I need software that I don't own myself. Other times I can do it at home. I am guilty of leaving things to the last minute and then not sleeping for a few nights to get it done. Other times I can be fairly organised.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I procrastinated back in elementary and high school, that's for sure. On the weekends, I'd wait to Sunday night before doing my homework.

One time I had a large science project due. But I waited to the last minute to do the experiments and write up a report. To say that my mother was unhappy about it is an understatement, that's for sure!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I plan in advance and do at the last minute. For some it looks like procrastination but I think as long as I have everything mentally mapped out in advance, the actual Doing doesn't require much time.

Schedule also varied from HS/univ and when you work. When I worked and went to school at the same time, I usually do my school stuff early in the morning (I arrive at work early to do school stuff). Then I work, then I go to school and I'm already prepped. When everything is done, I go home and rest.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
When I DID do homework, my usual routine was to first prepare my space. I'd clear clutter on my desk, put on some good music where I won't have to hit skip too much, and then I'd start a couple IM conversations with people on my computer. Then do my homework, whilst conversing and checking various online things. (At that time it was myspace and livejournal and MSN). It usually took me twice as long as a normal person to do my homework, but that was the only way I could get it done without losing focus.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am not in school, but I am in the middle of trying to complete a qualification in Business Admin. I should be finished by August.
I have to do it all in my own time and there is a lot that needs to be done. I do not work well in silence so I will always have a Movie on in the background. However, I will only be listening and not watching.
I have been known to leave work until the last minute, but I am slowly improving. I will put an hour aside every couple of nights to complete part of my qualification. I find it is less stressful this way.

dDave

V.I.P.
I used to go on long homework binges that could last upwards of 8-10 hours (for multiple days in a row). Being in summer school this year has changed me though. I've sort of gotten into the habit of doing some homework every day (let's say one assignment or test per day.). I really like how online classes have all of the due dates just lined up and you do your work, no crap from the teacher and no lectures (which works for me).

When the real semester comes back around, I might be back in a position where I'll be doing a ton of homework all at once. We'll see when the time comes I guess.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So for those of the members like myself that are going back to school, or for those who are currently in school, I post this question to you. When do you complete your homework/projects? Are you one to do it right away to give yourself free time, possibly in the middle of the day just to get it out of the way with, or are you a procrastinator and do it last minute?
I was always a huge procrastinator and to be honest, it seemed to help my work far more often than hurt it. I think it's because the pressure is on and I work harder. It's not a great habit, I know but it was how I did things in school. I enjoyed my free time then went to work.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I am at Uni right now and the first few weeks of Uni are basically prepping for the assignments coming up but I like to have a head start so I read ahead and write stuff down for the assignment and then eventually piece it all together.