• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Homeschooling and After-School activities

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I might remove this thread from this section later on.

Anyway, I don't have much time to write a long thread about this, so, I'll keep it short. I was wondering if you believe that kids that get homeschooled by their parents should be allowed to participate in after-school activities? Meaning they don't go to Public School, but they still want to participate in their after-school activities, no matter what that might be.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I think as long as they meet certain criteria (such as living within a certain area, maintaining certain grades, etc) it should be allowed. Why punish them?

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I think as long as they meet certain criteria (such as living within a certain area, maintaining certain grades, etc) it should be allowed. Why punish them?
Same. What if that kid wanted to play sports? It's not like being home schooled he or she would have the opportunity to do so.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Is it even possible to join after school activities if you aren't involved in the school? I thought schools only ran the activities for their own students.

There are hundreds of sporting clubs, activity groups etc however that are run not in conjunction with schools, so those are the ones homeschooling kids should join. And why not? They have every right to be in as many clubs etc as kids who go to school. In fact it's probably more important for them so they get socialized since they don't have school for that.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Absolutely. Why would being enrolled in school be a pre-requisite? Especially because these "activities" are completely unaffiliated with the school system. It make me think I don't understand your question.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Is it even possible to join after school activities if you aren't involved in the school? I thought schools only ran the activities for their own students.

There are hundreds of sporting clubs, activity groups etc however that are run not in conjunction with schools, so those are the ones homeschooling kids should join. And why not? They have every right to be in as many clubs etc as kids who go to school. In fact it's probably more important for them so they get socialized since they don't have school for that.
Tim Tebow played with a high school despite being home schooled. He and his mom moved close enough to the school during the school year so he could qualify. As far as I can tell, if you want to be able to be competitive in any team sport, you pretty much have to go through a high school to do it. Little League/whatever just isn't the same.