• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Home schooled

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are your thoughts on home school? Are you for it, or against it?

Do you believe a child is better off if they were home schooled or when to a public/catholic/private school?

Thoughts?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I can only imagine being a child or teen being home schooled if the parent teaching me wasn't good at it.

That's a scary thought, to me anyway.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't have kids when this thread was created, but I’ll chime in now. 😂 I married a teacher and we plan to home school.

I think it has a ton of benefits if you are capable of doing it. If you don’t know what you’re doing though, your kids would be better off going to a more formal school.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
In order to home school your children, you must have lots of passion, energy, and drive. I'm sure teaching your children is no easy task.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
What are your thoughts on home school? Are you for it, or against it?

Do you believe a child is better off if they were home schooled or when to a public/catholic/private school?

Thoughts?
I thought I'd see you today.

Anyway, given the current conditions, children here are forced to be homeschooled but it's not as structured (not a lot of time to plan it). Not all parents are also well equipped to handle it. I guess if parents could do it properly, home schooling is fine. Kids can always join external clubs for socialization purposes (which is one of the main concerns of people who use traditional schools).

dDave

V.I.P.
I didn't have kids when this thread was created, but I’ll chime in now. 😂 I married a teacher and we plan to home school.

I think it has a ton of benefits if you are capable of doing it. If you don’t know what you’re doing though, you’re kids would be better off going to a more formal school.
*your

Guess that public school wasn’t that great. ;)

I thought I'd see you today.

Anyway, given the current conditions, children here are forced to be homeschooled but it's not as structured (not a lot of time to plan it). Not all parents are also well equipped to handle it. I guess if parents could do it properly, home schooling is fine. Kids can always join external clubs for socialization purposes (which is one of the main concerns of people who use traditional schools).
I’d venture to say anyone being forced to home school didn’t want to and likely won’t do a super great job at it. I just can’t imagine being good at it if you don’t want to. It’s a hard change for students and parents