Wii Home Brew Channel

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Twitch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

What exactly is this?

Does it enable you to download games onto blank discs, and play them?

Sorry if I'm out of line, I probably will not be modding my Wii. I just wanted to know what it was.

2. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

The home brew channel actually allows you to play burned discs, so essentially yes it allows you to download wii games off the computer burn them to a DVD and play them. It also has a bunch of SNES/NES games on it as well.

My room mate modded his wii, it's pretty awesome.

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

But are we allowed to talk about it on GF? If so, I'd like to have a tut on how to do it.

:D

4. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

My friend sort of showed me how the home brew channel works but I was really tired and didn't pay attention much.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I dont see why you couldnt. lol Mostly I would say just as long as you're not screaming out about how you pirated a bunch of stuff I dont think there is any problem with it.

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I was all set to do this, until I found out my mac doesn't have an SD card port.. thing.

>.<

I think they have this thing you can buy that plugs into the usb, and you can use the SD card with it.. I might have to look it up.

7. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Yeah I'm pretty sure that there are SD adapters out there. Basically all you need is an SD card; a copy of Zelda: Twighlight Princess and the internet.

There are some sites that give you step by step instructions, it's not too difficult at all.

8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Once I get an SD card USB thing, I'll probably be doing this.

Thanks for the help, Sui.