• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Homan Square

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Chicago police facility Homan Square was becoming the focus of an organized protest movement this weekend, as the hacktivist collective Anonymous and organizers associated with the Black Lives Matter movement seized on allegations of unconstitutional abuse at the secretive warehouse.

‘Shut Down Homan Square’: Anonymous, Black Lives Matter swarm Chicago police ‘black site’
I don't know what was going on at this place but if it was a secretive place where police were taking people and holding them it should be shut down. In the US there is no room for these tactics by police. You can't be holding people without letting them have a attorney, abusing them and keeping their whereabouts secretive.

Thoughts?

Chicago protesters demand probe of what they call police 'black site' - Yahoo News

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Well if it does operate just like any other police facility then the police should just release the records to the public. That could clear the police and let them focus on crime. The whole issue is probaly just an exageration so they have something to protest about.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it is a legitimate site then why is there no record of who they take there. Nothing the police do should be off the books. If indeed that is going on, the police deny any wrongdoing.