• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Holy Week

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Next week marks the last week of Lent. Anyone among you observe rituals during that week? Like Palm Sunday, Holy Monday-Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Black Saturday, Easter Sunday (and for some, Easter Monday ha)?

Do you do anything special? That is, aside from ending your Lenten sacrifices (if you made it this far!).

I try to make it a point to go to Easter Sunday service. While some think that Christmas day is the best day ever (because of Jesus' birth), Easter is the most important day. It's when he fulfilled the paschal mystery.

When I was young, I participated in more rituals: from Palm Sunday (and I buy those branches), to stations of the cross for the week, watching Maundy Thursday's washing of the feet and reenactment or the Last Supper, actually saw people get crucified on Good Friday!, holding Easter Vigil on Black Saturday and dawn service on Sunday. Best part was singing Hallelujah :lol:.

I don't go to these anymore but I've always liked that I experienced it and it's something I think even non Christians might like to witness even simply to appreciate the elaboration put into celebrating the most significant week in the Church calendar.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I've always done all of these except lately I haven't been attending stations of the cross. I've been meaning to, I just haven't made it out there. I will be going to Mass on Palm Sunday and will be going to stations of the cross next week. I actually have an app on my phone and will do the stations of the cross myself from time to time.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Maybe it's just in our family, bro. :lol:

Do they do reenactment of the Passion over there?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Do some go to the extent of real crucifixion? Or they're just tied to the cross? I have seen both but not here though. It seems pretty low key here, especially considering it's still a predominantly Catholic country (filled with Catholics who don't even know how to pray the rosary). :lol:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Oh I know a lot of Catholics who don't know how to pray the rosary. My grandmother taught me when I was really young and even gave me a schedule of which Mysteries to pray on what day and when to change during Lent.

The ones I've seen have someone tied to the cross.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Hilander Religion & Philosophy 4
Hilander Religion & Philosophy 3
Bliss Bathroom Wall 0
Smelnick Bathroom Wall 0