Holy Cow, I just biked into an electric fence!!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
True story. Back when I was in grade 8, I was working on my bike. I lived on farm, and we had horses, so we had an electric fence and it ran across where the end of our driveway was. There was a gate and such to access the pasture. But the electrified part of it was accessible. So here I was, biking from the end of the driveway into my yard at full speed, thinking that I had fixed my brakes properly. I was gonna do a skid thing. No such luck, brakes failed, and boing! into the fence I rode. two strands came undone and tangled up with my bike and I, and the third strand just snapped. So the whole time I'm trying to untangle myself from the wire, I'm getting the short ZAP! of the electricity jolting through me. It doesn't hurt too much, but it hurts enough to suck. I had a bruise line across my chest where I hit the wire.

I've injured myself in many other ways too. In fact, on Good Friday, I dislocated my shoulder falling off a snowmobile awkwardly. =P That was great fun. I have a little card that I stamp everytime I go to the hospital. almost 10 times in the last 2 years alone =P

Anyone else accident prone? Share your stories guys, lets hear the gore. I'll tell you the story of how I shot a 3inch airnail into my knee in a little bit.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a friend who crashed into a wooden post fence and broke a hole into it after a similar downhill bike riding experience.

Electric would be worse. At least it wasn't a scene straight out of Jurassic Park... How many volts was this fence? Was it a cow or horse fence or something?

How many hospital visits until you get a free sandwich? :)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I have a friend who crashed into a wooden post fence and broke a hole into it after a similar downhill bike riding experience.

Electric would be worse. At least it wasn't a scene straight out of Jurassic Park... How many volts was this fence? Was it a cow or horse fence or something?

How many hospital visits until you get a free sandwich? :)
Well, if you try to bike home from the bar drunk, and wake up in the hospital, you get free toast =P

It was just a horse fence, so only like 50volts. no amperage.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
I don't get hurt much, but my one year old usually has a massive bruise somewhere on his body at all times.

garret

SEMPER PI Bitch! Always P
Bike

dude that has got to suck i once grabbed a hold of an electric fence before and it singed my leg hair off

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I was in 2 car accidents a year apart from each other.

First one was almost two years ago I got hit by a car while I was crossing the road on a green light for me. Cut my forehead and damaged my right knee.

The following year I was in the car and we drove into the fence as we tried going round a hard curve. No hard injuries there

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Well, now it's time for the airnailer story.

Last summer I worked for a framing company building houses. We use these huge airnailers that fire 3 and a half inch nails. I was busy building a wall, attaching the studs to the plates. And the nailer slipped a little in my hand because of morning dew. As I grabbed at it to adjust position, my finger hit the trigger, and a nail was fired into my knee. I didn't notice at first though. It happens so fast, you don't feel it go in. I was like 'huh, wonder where that nail went'. So I bent over and finished nailing that stud. When I went to step to the next stud is when I noticed the nail. My knee stiffened up and I was like 'uh oh'. The boss looks over and is like 'what?' and I was like 'oh, I just nailed the wrong stud is all'. He laughs at first and then is like 'wait what?' and I was like, 'lets go to the hospital!!!'. Shock was setting in, so I started being goofy. Got to the hospital and they gave me morphine, pulled the nail out, and sent me home. Luckily it didn't hit the bone, just the muscle. So it hurt for awhile, that's for sure.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was picking up piles of grass with a pitchfork and dumping it into a trash can and was shaking off the grass when the fork went right through the trash can into my dad's leg.

We both actually laughed about it because it was just a really unfortunate and unlucky thing that happened.

Zachary

,,l,, //_- ,,l,,
the worst injury ive had would of ben when i was rideing my skateboard. i went down a hill and slammed into the side of someones van! surprisingly i didnt break any bones but i did leave a huge dent in the van, have a nose bleed, get a headacche, and the guy in the van had a heart attack!!! (he lived)

Iris

rainbow 11!
This happened recently, I was walking down the sidewalk after delivering pizza/drinks to the coaches in the stadium. Well, my friend decided to walk faster, so I picked up my pace and this huge ledge in the sidewalk catches my sandal and I pitch forward. Well, I'm walking next to a chain linked fence. So instinct takes a hold of me and I grab it to try and steady myself. Instead my pinky got caught on it and I almost hyper extended it. Hurt like a bitch for a week.

My friend shrugged it off and kept walking. :/ I don't know why I hang out with her.