Holographic Technology

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think we'll see the day when LCD monitors are replaced by holographic displays? Screens that literally appear out of thin air in full color?

What do you think? Holographic technology is still fairly new but there are scientists out there who believe we've only begun to tap into it.

There are also people working on holographic based cloaking devices for use in combat. In 10 years we could be looking back on the technology of today and laughing.

Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Technology is always rapidly advancing, so it wouldn't surprise me to see something like that if it ever becomes cost-feasible. Not sure what the benefit of it would be, other than the fact that it looks cool.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Well if you consider that just 15 years ago things like the HDTV's that we have now or the LCD monitors we have were just being tapped into.

The original LCD was created in 1972 as an alarm clock, so obviously Technology can be advanced very quickly. Everyone thought that CRT would be the standard for a very long time with computer monitors, that turned out to be false.

I think that the hologram technology will evolve faster than everyone thinks it will, one big thing that will need to change is video cards, oh man that's really going to need to change. :lol:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I would venture to say that later on down the lines we will have Holo Tech in our daily lives.
Who knows we could even have the billboards like they had in Back to the future 2. There will have to be some major advancements in tech before we will ever see them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think that the hologram technology will evolve faster than everyone thinks it will,
I think so too. We already have advances when you don't need a screen because it can be projected to a wall or almost any surface (like that sixth sense gadget that someone posted today). I think we're getting closer...

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Haha, this reminds me of that movie Paycheck. Ben Affleck's character designed one in that movie.

It wouldn't really surprise me if it did happen, and faster than everyone thinks. I think I'll definitely see it in my time. I still want a car that will drive itself so I can nap on the way to where ever I'm going. Let's work on that technology first!

Bananas

Endangered Species
Technology is advancing so rapidly, I think we are only a few years away from stuff we cant yet even concieve.

I remember our "new" TV back in the early 80's, it was state of the art, it was about 32" wide and about 2ft deep it even had a remote contol! When I say remote control, it was connected by a long cable. Compare those days (that were only 25 years ago) with things like the Wii and the 3mm thick wall hanging TVs now, it is trully mind boggling.

I dont think we fully appreciate the cusp of advancement that we are witnessing in our lifetime. There are a lot of new and exciting things ahead of us. Hologrphic tech will play a part somewhere.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I think it would really awesome to see these come about, and I think that they probably will unless something even more awesome comes about sooner. Technology is always advancing rapidly, especially electronics, so I figure that it surely is in research and development at this time.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I don't see why we would need that except to look nifty, but i like the idea. Maybe it would save space. Who knows? I def, think that eventually we will see holographic things in our every day lives. I think of future based movies and such. If you think about it too a lot of things are coming to life that we never even imagined. I'm 16 and I think that.