• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Holographic lens device

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Microsoft pulled back the curtain Wednesday on the upcoming Windows 10 operating system focused on bringing harmony to the diverse array of Internet gadgets in people’s lives.

Microsoft set to debut holographic lens device alongside Windows 10 operating system
Now this will be neat but I'm sure it will be costly. You can blend holograms with reality. Have holograms displayed on your living room table or take a walk on mars and interact with the mars rover.

Microsoft HoloLens Preview - CNET

I doubt I will be going out and buying one anytime soon.:lol:

Thoughts.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Just watched the vid for the hololens... Somewhere between cool and creepy. Mostly cool. I can see there being issues relating to dissociative disorders though. I'd sure love to do 3D graphics using that gadget though, weeee! I know poser would never be the same... Oooh, Victoria, lookin' good! Haha!

- Chameleon

dDave

V.I.P.
I think this is the kind of innovative technology that we've all been waiting for from Microsoft. Touchscreens just don't do it for me, I don't hate them but I've always known that this would come next.

Just look at this technology...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54aGJFxSEo

Sexy :)

What will Apple do if this catches on? Might as well close up shop and go home :lol:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
This is Microsoft after all, so I predict there'll be security issues allowing hackers to spam users with 3D phallic images, then you'll have to download an update that is 300GB and this will fix the problem but drop the frame rate of the device to where people get dizzy using it. Meanwhile Apple will release their HoloNet and iHolo goggles and steal most of the market share. :D

- Cham

dDave

V.I.P.
This is Microsoft after all, so I predict there'll be security issues allowing hackers to spam users with 3D phallic images, then you'll have to download an update that is 300GB and this will fix the problem but drop the frame rate of the device to where people get dizzy using it. Meanwhile Apple will release their HoloNet and iHolo goggles and steal most of the market share. :D

- Cham
iHolo. Ugh, please, no. :lol:

I'm actually not a big fan of the direction computers are going in general. Everything these days has to be a mobile device, phone, tablet, ereader, etc. to catch on. I feel like there's no respect for a real computer anymore. I like big and powerful computers, they're just nice.

If people were going to spam with phallic images they they could have already done that on PCs that apparently have massive security holes. (never understood that one, I've never had a virus)

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
iHolo. Ugh, please, no. :lol:

I'm actually not a big fan of the direction computers are going in general. Everything these days has to be a mobile device, phone, tablet, ereader, etc. to catch on. I feel like there's no respect for a real computer anymore. I like big and powerful computers, they're just nice.

If people were going to spam with phallic images they they could have already done that on PCs that apparently have massive security holes. (never understood that one, I've never had a virus)
Never even owned one of them portable brain replacements. I like the big old monster machines. I got me a good gaming grade computer... Not cutting edge, but certainly above average. I need the extra umph for when I am doing graphics. As for a 3D phallic image virus, it could indeed be done for a regular computer, but it would probably be 100 times easier on a VR system designed for 3D imaging. 3D dongs in your face, up close and personal, every time you turn on your VR doodad! That's hacker thinking for sure.

- Cham