• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Holiday Kindness

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
In the spirit of the holidays, I thought maybe we can share random acts of kindness you have preformed in the past/present. So please share...

Only 2 nights ago when working at my job as waitress/hostess at restaurant, I seated a woman and child, the woman looked to me like she was tired, cold and alone. The Child wore an old coat that I can see had tears in it. I brought to them the food she ordered and after they finished I bring to her the total of 290 krooni (about 25 USD) for the meal, she gave to me 150 krooni and said to me this is all she has with looks of shame... I almost wanted to cry looking at her and this child. I say to her to please wait and I will come back, I brought for her child a dessert, and give back to her her money and paid what was owed for them to eat. She thanked me and cried and gave me a hug, it felt really good to me to do this.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
About a week ago I was in Wally Land and there was this lady with alot of groceries and some toys for her daughter that she picked out. After she the cashier rang up her total, she was short by 16 dollars short, so the mom started taking the toys out of the cart. I saw her daughters face and she was almost in tears and was trying to keep herself from crying, she was about 6 years old. So I got my wallet and gave the lady a 20 so she can keep the toys for her daughter. The mother accepted it and the smile on her daughters face was priceless and it was totally worth it just to see the little girl smile. That made me happy and almost made me, a grown man, cry with happiness. It felt really good.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
About a week ago I was in Wally Land and there was this lady with alot of groceries and some toys for her daughter that she picked out. After she the cashier rang up her total, she was short by 16 dollars short, so the mom started taking the toys out of the cart. I saw her daughters face and she was almost in tears and was trying to keep herself from crying, she was about 6 years old. So I got my wallet and gave the lady a 20 so she can keep the toys for her daughter. The mother accepted it and the smile on her daughters face was priceless and it was totally worth it just to see the little girl smile. That made me happy and almost made me, a grown man, cry with happiness. It felt really good.

awwww you almost make me cry!!

Dabs

Registered Member
Every time I see a person in a Santa Claus suit ringing the bell for the Salvation Army or something, I toss in my change.
Once you sit back and figure up how many of those places you see almost every day, that adds up to a lot of change!
Plus, this evening, I have started making Christmas candy jars....and I hand out to the teachers at school and a couple of elderly people at the nursing home.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
awwww you almost make me cry!!
You aren't the only one. That is priceless in itself.

About a week ago, one of my friends was broke and needed to get a present for his little sister (about 8 years old) but didn't have any money. I bought it for him.

I need to dig around in my memory for other stories.

RATTIE

Registered Member
A couple of years ago I found a mobile phone on the beach.
I had a quick look at their call records to see if there was something like Mum or Dad stored but there wasn't so I just waited.
They eventually called and I walked along (about a mile) with my dog Zara to give it to them, which was an event in itself as we had to squeeze through crowds as there was a marathon on. :rolleyes:
When we got there, the lad said it was his Grandparents phone and had very sentimental photos stored on it.
He insisted I take £50, yes, FIFTY POUNDS, for my trouble, so even though I was beyond skint, I gave him the phone and ran away. :lol:

I didn't want the money, I was more than happy with the feeling of having made someone's day. :)

Dekzper

Registered Member
You guyz are awesome! :) I haven't done much but I did see an elderly woman with a big plastic bag 2 months ago. She looked kind of strange cause she doesn't have any teeth and she wears really old clothes. I wanted to know what she was doing and she said she was collecting cans. She wasn't very friendly but I wanted to help so I took the cans out of our trash and filled up another plastic bag and gave them to her. Then I gave her 25 dollars and a bunch of quarters and she actually smiled. I hadn't seen her smile and she looked like she was gonna cry. It made me feel good but really sad too. I mean 25 dollars and some cans isn't very much but it made her so happy. It just made me wish that she could have teeth and live like we do.

Bliss

Sally Twit
When I was a kid my dad used to get a free cinema ticket at Christmas time that he'd give to me. It was something his work gave out every year. After you watched the Movie you'd get a selection box full of chocolate.
One year I had left the cinema with my selection box and saw a homeless person sat outside. He looked really cold and alone. I didn't have any money so I gave him my selection box. I know he would have wanted money or alcohol but I thought it was nice!

Mantis

Registered Member
Great stories to read guys, exactly what we need more stories of the kind.

Last Xmas, in mid December, I was looking for a present for my little niece (5 years old) in one of this shop full of toys of all sorts. I was wondering what dolls would she prefer when I heard behind me this mum telling to her little girl that she had to choose something else because "mum didn't have enough money for this" and explaining to her daughter the reasons..It was very touching..I couldn't resist to listen discretely and she was telling about dad not being home any more etc..She was very honest with her kid (about 8) and it really touched me.

I discretely move towards them and while the little girl was searching away for something else, I introduce myself and said that I heard her conversation, apologised for it and asked her if she would accept with simplicity some money to get what her daughter wanted with my best smile.

She blushed and seemed to wondering if I was being serious but I was and she accepted, thanking me for being kind and generous (I gave her £50) and said she would pray for me (which was a nice things to say, although Im not into religion) I could tell that she didn't have a lot of money, and while she turned around and called for her daughter, I put an other £40 in her jacket pocket without her seeing anything..
She wished me a happy Xmas, thanks me again and I even got a wee kiss from her daughter.

Dekzper

Registered Member
UhHuh! :) Bliss would be one of the first I would suspect would do something good like that. That was really awesome! :nod:

That was really great, Mantis! :) Things like that are what make Christmas even better than just getting presents. And it's not religion, it's the feeling about helping and caring that's really important. I'm not religious either but Christmas just makes me wanna see everybody happy and I think the world would be a lot better if we just had Christmas all year.

Last edited: