Hold Music

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
*sigh*

I'm on hold right now and this hold music is pretty brutal. It's some new age sounding thing with flutes and a drum beat. Even worse, it's synthesized and isn't even real instruments. It sounds like they paid $5 or less for the license. It's horrible.

Why don't companies pick more generic hold music?

"You are currently the 16th caller in line. Please stay on the line for the next available representative. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you shortly."

... great. :urp:

Last edited:
I don't mind it that much. If I have a speaker phone I'll put it on so the phone isn't pressed up against my ear for 10+ minutes. I usually tune out the music and either day dream or do real life stuff until they pick up. Once they say "Hello" it snaps me back into reality where I can ask whatever I was intending to ask.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I find that sometimes companies can have songs that actually sound nice haha. I sit an listen to it while I wait.

Other times its really bad and makes you want to peel your face off.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm an impatient person. I don't think it matters what kind of music they pick, I would hate it all because I hate waiting.

Bliss

Sally Twit
At my workplace we have the worst hold music ever. Nobody ever says anything positive about it when they call. Sometimes it's drums with a man wailing and other times it's dripping water with a flute playing.

At my workplace we have the worst hold music ever. Nobody ever says anything positive about it when they call. Sometimes it's drums with a man wailing and other times it's dripping water with a flute playing.
:hah:

I've never actually heard hold music before, it's just a myth to me. I always imagine it to be some sort of creepy indian music though, and I have no idea why. Someone give me a number to ring so I can hear hold music.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Haha it's the opposite at my work. We just have the radio station of whatever we're listening to that day set as the hold music, and people always say they like it on the rare occasion I actually put someone on hold.

I think I prefer the crappy hold music over just silence though. Now that would get really annoying.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally it doesn't bother me because it's 80's music that play while I wait which I usually sing along to because I love it so much.

It's when there's no music and I wait for more then five minutes that I get annoyed to.