Hogan predicts 3.0 rating for Monday Impact

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Kratzenkov16, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

Heard hulk hogan predict that tna impact will hit a 3.0 rating when it goes up against wwe on the first monday in january

how senile is this guy?
    ------
    yah ok i found the link....sorrry about that shiz...

The following release was sent out today by the Right After Wrestling Sirius satellite radio show:

HOGAN SAYS THAT TNA IMPACT RATINGS WILL "TRIPLE" ON JANUARY 4

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm sure the rating will go up a bit, but I doubt it will go up to 3.0 especially when their facing off against Raw.

A lot of fans will tune in just to see what Hogan will bring to the table, but like you mentioned they won't triple their ratings.

3. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

yah no kidding...have they even got a 1.5 rating? i doubt it...

if it was on thursday then MAYBE u can say 3...but even that is a stretch...

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I'm pretty sure Hogan knows it won't reach a 3.0, he's just trying to build up a bit of media discussion about the TNA vs WWE on 4th January. It's just a little marketing!

I'm pretty sure Hogan, Dixie and Spike TV will be happy to see TNA get over a 1.5. Until then it's up to Hogan to build up interest with as many ridiculous claims as he wants! If they can get a 1.5 and put on a really good show, then it'll get the ball rolling on TNA's progress. If they get over anywhere near a 2.00 it'll be amazing.

I think TNA should be treating this January 4th show like it's their biggest PPV of the year. They need to pull out all the stops.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I totally agree with you wooly about treating this like a Pay Per View, they need their big guns putting on a good showing for the viewers, meaning have the top dogs like Angle, Styles and others to wrestle at their best.

6. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I would be very surprised if they even got a 1.5.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

A big mistake i think TNA is making is on the thursday they're showing an encore of the live monday show. I think that's a ridiculous move. It just gives people a reason to think "well i can watch RAW tonight and then catch all the best bits of the TNA show on thursday".

Dumb move methinks.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

ARe they really? I figured they'd have another show on Thursday or something. I suppose they tape shows on Monday and since its live on Monday they cant do that. That is a terrible terrible idea. Makes my life easier now. Now I can watch RAW on Monday and TNA on Thursday like normal.

Sorry Hogan.

9. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I'm pretty sure it won't be a full repeat on the thursday, as i don't know if they have the three hour slot, so there'll be bits missing. Still i know a lot of people are gonna do what you're doing Millz and just get the best of both worlds!

If i was in US i'd definitely be watching TNA instead of RAW anyways. Partly to see how the live show as a whole goes off and partly because i care much more about TNA at the moment than i do WWE. Even though i'm not huge into TNA either! I'm just hoping good things will be coming from them in the next few months. Plus i'm sure the live show will have a few epic moments, possibly some new famous faces making their appearances in TNA, and i'd much rather see it live than hear about it and then see it on the thursday.

10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

That's true I didn't even think about the fact its 3 hours on Monday and then only 2 hours on Thursday. Of course TNA will be on a full hour before RAW comes anyways so I'll get to see an hour of it without having the turn the channel.