• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hogan: "I'd job to Steve Austin at WM25"

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: Rajah.com

Thanks to reader Jim for sending along this recap of Jim Ross' appearance on the Bubba The Love Sponge radio show:

Here is a break down of the interview as best I can recall.

- JR called in from his hotel in Miami because he is down there for the Oklahoma vs. Florida game.

- Bubba and JR talked at length about the game and made a bet. If Florida wins, JR owes Bubba a case of JR's BBQ sauce, if Oklahoma wins Bubba owes JR some home grown oranges.

- They then turned to wrestling and both put over the FCW facility and the trainers.

- JR said the WWE does a good job of finding new in ring talent, but doesn't do a good job finding new announcers. He then took a shot saying you can't put a Bob Costas-like puppet in the booth and expect them to be good. (that's not an exact quote, but the general thought of the statement.)

- Bubba asked if JR thought Hogan and Vince could makeup and do something for WM 25. This began a long discussion about a Steve Austin vs. Hogan match at WM 25. JR said he didn't think it would happen, but would like to see it. JR suggested a finish in which at the end of the match Miz & Morrison would run in, cause the double DQ, get beat down by Hogan and Austin, and then Hogan and Austin would drink a beer.

- Shortly after that Hogan called in. Hogan and JR exchanged pleasantries and then Hogan went on to tell JR that he didn't like his proposed finish to the match. He said that a match of that magnitude and historical significance needed a definite finish for the fans. Hogan went on to say he would have no problem putting over Steve if the match took place.

- Bubba wondered how much trouble JR would get into for talking to Hogan because of his relationship with CCW.

- Bubba said he is going to try to get Steve Austin on the show and had his producer put in a request with WWE to get Vince on the show in an effort to put this match together.

The interview was very good and contained way more information than I supplied. If you can find the audio on-line definitely check it out.

This is my dream match...they need to do it at any cost.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love to see it, but even though Hogan said that he wouldn't mind putting Austin over at Wrestlemania 25, I still have problems believing it. The only way I see it happening, is if Hogan makes the most money he's ever made before, and he'll defenitely want more money then Austin would get.

None the less, I would love to see this match up happen.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Would love to see it but on this subject I trust Hogan about as far as I can throw him. If this was agreed on and then 48 hours before showtime Terry suddenly goes "I don't like this finish, let's change it" it wouldn't shock me even slightly.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'd hate to see this at Wrestlemania. If it was to happen it'd have to be a headliner, and neither Hogan more Austin are in any shape to headline wrestlemania.

Besides, im sure the Wrestlemania schedule is pretty much already decided and has been well planned for a while.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it obviously wouldnt HEADLINE Wrestlemania but it would be a huge vocal point. The WWE Title match or the World title match would be the final match...they've never have it last.

wooly

I am the woolrus
well yeah but ONE of the headlining matches. Up with the two title matches. But can you really see it being that entertaining? Sure it might have been good a few years ago, but Hogan has been past his best for a good while now, and Steve definitely wouldn't be able to perform anything like he could when he left. I think it'd be a disappointment to see two legends in what could be a very slow, sub par match...

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
But its not about the actual match in my opinion. Its about the buildup, the storyline, the tension and the fact the two biggest names in the history of pro wrestling are in the ring together. It wont be a technical masterpiece and it doesnt have too either if you ask me.

Its like Babe Ruth facing Barry Bonds or something to that affect/.

viLky

ykLiv
I don't want to see Hogan in a ring again. I'm just tired of him. :x

As for Stone Cold, yeah, I would like to see him do a match at WrestleMania 25. Yes, a match. Not a refereeing job.

And, what is JR's probable with the announcers? Geeze.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't want to see Hogan in a ring again. I'm just tired of him. :x

As for Stone Cold, yeah, I would like to see him do a match at WrestleMania 25. Yes, a match. Not a refereeing job.

And, what is JR's probable with the announcers? Geeze.
When was the last time Hogan wrestled a WWE match? 2006??

viLky

ykLiv
When was the last time Hogan wrestled a WWE match? 2006??
That's still too soon for me. :lol:

I understand what you said about it being a good match at WM25 due to the wrestlers, but I've just never been a fan of Hogan. How about a Undertaker vs Stone Cold, or perhaps Stone Cold vs HBK.