Hockey Day in Canada

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Finally it has arrived.

Ahh, but with a twist. Due to the scheduling format of the NHL, the 6 Canadian teams won't be all alone on the festivities.

The Toronto Maple Leafs kick things off with a 3:00PM EST start against the NHL leading Detroit Red Wings.

Then the fight for 1st in the Notheast Division (and Eastern Conference) continues in the nations capital with the Montreal Canadiens visiting the Ottawa Senators (7:00PM ET). Meanwhile the Battle of Alberta will be taking place as the Calgary Flames play host to the Edmonton Oilers.

And finally the Vancouver Canucks end our day by hosting the Colorado Avalanche, both teams still veyr much involved in the battle for the Northwest Division title.

All match-ups look to be very interesting. [​IMG]

Detroit @ Toronto - 3:00PM
    Edmonton @ Calgary - 7:00PM
    [email protected] Ottawa - 7:00PM
    Colorado @ Vancouver - 10:00PM

Go habs Go

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

lol, yeah.

Hockey is very popular in Canada kind of like how football is in the states.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Hockey Day in Canada is one of those things that makes me wish I was Canadian.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Yup, I dont even get the TSN feed here where I live. I really wish I did though!

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It was a great Saturday, I am just angry that Montreal got embarassed by the Senators, we really needed that win. Other then that it was well done once again. I know it's tradition to have it once a year, but sometimes I wish they had more then once a year.

Thanks for the kind words Jeanie I really appreciate that.