Hobbies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke1985, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Seems a good thing to talk about.

I play tabletop roleplaying games (D&D and the like), paint miniture figurines (historical and fantasy), and I debate here.

What is everyone else into?

2. Kaniaz

Kaniaz Guest

Do you consider lucid dreaming a hobby? It's basically when you go out of your way to try and recognize you're dreaming, whilst still in the dream. They feel much better than normal dreams (sometimes more realistic than real life) and you can control and manipulate every aspect of your dream.

It's probably once of the coolest things you can experience; something that everyone needs to experience for themselves at least once!

Here is a link to a website dedicated to it if you're interested: http://www.dreamviews.com/

3. Duke1985

Actually I do consider lucid dreaming a hobby.
    I've never actually experienced, but I'd very much like to.

4. Kaniaz

Kaniaz Guest

I'd have no problem giving you a few pointers. Send me a private message with what you'd like to know. I'm somewhat of a lucid dreaming connosuer.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'm into anime. For me that entails Cosplay (Making and wearing costumes of game/anime characters), Anime Music Videos (Taking anime, and music, and smashing them together into something hopefully presentable as well as watching other people's works), Collecting Figures wallscrolls and posters, Drawing (both original works and fanart) as well as watching anime and reading manga.

I play D&D when I can, but usually can't. I play magic when I visit my cousins, I play video games, and read novels (usually fantasy)

P.S. I've had Lucid dreams. They're fun, but I wouldn't want to keep doing it every time I dream. There's something more memorable about the regular dreams. Lucid dreams lack that certain something. :/

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

When I'm not doing schoolwork, I usually watch movies, games, or when the weather is nice I'll be outside playing baseball. Other than that I like spending time with my girl.

7. Duke1985

Any particular genre of movie or game?

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm eclectic when it comes to movies. I have a lot from American Beauty to Freddy Vs. Jason.

Game wise, I'd really like a 360, but that isn't going to happen for a few months. I've been reliving some old PC games like Doom lately.

9. Duke1985

Actually I have a question for anyone who works with model trains or the like, I'm tyring to put some moss on the base of a miniture as I've seen at some conventions I've been too; anyway does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about doing that? What I've done is taken contact cement and spread it with a toothpick then pressed the moss down on the base. Its sticking but I'm not so sure it looks right.

I might just being a perfectionist about it, but any advice is appreciated.

Did you check out Brick?

Its got that kid from 3rd rock from the sun and that girl from lost.
    Its like a highschool detective flick, a real noir feeling to it.

10. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Basically im a sports nut. I love playing hockey , basketball , baseball , softball , football , rugby , tennis and even a little volleyball from time to time. I also enjoy running during certain times. My other hobbies would have to include music (If any of you saw my iTunes you'd know) and MSN / Fusion talking with people.