Hmm, Odd

Mina

Registered Member
that's odd... I wonder if they can legaly do that as it's not their pic and I'm guessing they didn't ask your permision

Marys454BB

Premium Member
I'm sure it's legal, It's on the internet so it's not like they stole it.
Like I said I don't mind but they could have found a better picture of just my dad or my dad & the cane to use...lol

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all. Actually you can make them remove it if you want to. Did they get your permission to use your pics? If not then you are entitled to moneys made from sale. Since he used your pics without your knowledge. And I don't think that this qualifies as art. I would definitely look into it..
Catch ya latter............ :warp:

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Marys454BB said:
Not sure about where to post this but check out this auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5579677143&fromMakeTrack=true#ebayphotohosting
Why would they choose a picture of my dad with our long time friend & neighboor & 2 of my kids?
Not that I mind really but it's just odd. :eek:/
well, I think you should mind as they are useing your pic without your permission and trying to make money off of it.

I would have to agree with what surfer said.

helpisontheway

Registered Member
You're lucky you found that... technically speaking that is YOUR FAMILY... and not theirs they have NO CONNECTION to any of those auctions and should have granted permission from both the seller and buyer. I would file a complaint against the seller in the eBay trust and saftey side of things and tell them that the person is using a picture from your auction and has your family in it and they did not ask permission. I would almost consider that a 'shill' of sorts...

If that person has a business license lets say then thats a law suit waiting to happen for you to persue...

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nope it's not legal. They are profiting from a picture that you own the rights to. (Not just selling a picture, which is ok, but putting the picture in their own printed material and selling it). If I saw my picture in something like this you can be sure I would be doing something about it.