PC Games [HL2] Insurgency Mod: Modern Infantry Combat

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Has anybody else here played the new Insurgency Half-Life 2 mod?

It is pretty awesome for a brand new mod.

INSURGENCY: Modern Infantry Combat

I downloaded it a day ago and have been very impressed so far. Valve even officially gave the mod kudos in the Steam news page.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Valve buy this mod. It's VERY polished and is very fun. The best part is there are no cross hairs, no "ammo pool" (clips instead), and no names above on screen players unless you are literally touching the player. It feels like a nice cross between Counter-Strike and Battlefield style gameplay but with a LOT less life. You die in one to two hits max and after one hit if you are still alive your vision is blurry for a few seconds.

If you own Half-Life 2 then be sure to check this one out. Oh yeah, it's a multiplayer only mod.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You know, to this day I still haven't played Half-Life 2, and I'm a FPS fan. My friends have all recently said that I should get into it, and one of them is even willing to lend me their copy.

How much of my life will it take away?

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I am pretty sure it will take up about half of your life if you let it.

I usually only play at nights though. If you let yourself play whenever then you will become addicted pretty fast.