• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies ~Hitman Movie out in 07~

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

Who is Hitman and why does he get his own movie?

Overview Director:Xavier Gens

Writer (WGA):Skip Woods (written by)

Release Date:21 November 2007 (USA)

Genre:Action / Crime / Thriller more

Plot Outline: A gun-for-hire known only as Agent 47 (Olyphant) is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Eastern Europe. hired by a group known as "The Agency" to kill targets for cash.

Don't ask how, but I was lucky enough for the opportunity to see Hit-man in advance.
When I first heard about this movie being made based on the game character, I was optimistic to say the least.
However, after seeing the movie, I can be the first to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The action is non stop and creative.

You fall in love and are in awe by the, well, AWESOMESS of 47.

The story is above average but not superb. However, good acting and great action makes but well for this.

Anyways, see this movie, you will love it, especially if you are a fan of the game. And if you do know the game well, you will notice very precise details that are true to the game in the movie.

I give this one 4 1/2 stars out of 5. :nod: :D

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow really? I played Hitman 2 for a few minutes once and didn't really think much of it. It came with one of my video cards I bought and I figured I may as well test it out.

What type of movie is it? Like what are some other movies that you felt were similar to it?

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Please, do tell. I played hitman as well and turned it off. Game seemed loose and kind of boring.

Kamikaze

Registered Member
I love Hitman games, takes skill to complete each level perfectly.

It is a perfect game for a movie, but it depends on how the producers work on it

Gwiz

Registered Member
Usually a movie based on a video game usually don't do well. The Hitman was a horrible series and as I usually get bored after the first level.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It'll probably be one of those boredom movies for me. I've never played the game, but the CGI looks well done in the movie and I'm always up for some unnecessary violence.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Heh, his head normally is shaved. Stratham is, in general, a good action star. He was also really good in Snatch, also.

Teorropy

Yeah, I tried to play the hitman games and couldn't get into them really. I do think that the movie might be pretty cool. Only time will tell.